Steady State output for Wave Input

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the steady state output for a given input and transfer function. The formula for calculating the steady state output is provided, as well as the transfer function and homework equations. The attempt at a solution involves finding the Fourier Series expansion and using a trigonometric identity to incorporate it into the steady state formula.
soccer4life
1. Problem Statement
Find the steady state output yss(t) for the input u(t)=t-π in terms of an infinite sum of sinusoids.
We are given the transfer function as:
help-png.png

2. Homework Equations

G(i) = ...
|G(ik)| = ...
Φ(ik) = ... (this is the angle)
yss(t) = βk||G(ik)|ei(kt+Φ(ik)) ***check that this is the correct formula please***

3. Attempt at Solution
I've found the following:
G(i)=1
|G(ik)| =
199549-3d8b3d65837a235ecb2c36e83fa44816.png
(Any tips/tricks on how to input fractions/square roots into PF would be greatly appreciated...)
Φ(ik) =
199551-ccce8e83197e676283b3561ae3b6c3be.png

Previously, the Fourier Series expansion was found, and is: the sum from 1 to infinity of Σ-2sin(kt)/k

I know that these values are right. However, I don't fully understand how to incorporate them into the steady state formula (assuming that my formula is correct)

Attachments

• help-png.png
    help-png.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 690
  • 199549-3d8b3d65837a235ecb2c36e83fa44816.png
    199549-3d8b3d65837a235ecb2c36e83fa44816.png
    616 bytes · Views: 267
  • 199551-ccce8e83197e676283b3561ae3b6c3be.png
    199551-ccce8e83197e676283b3561ae3b6c3be.png
    677 bytes · Views: 261
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Use the fact that ##\sin\theta = \frac{e^{i\theta}-e^{-i\theta}}{2i}##.

1. What is steady state output for wave input?

Steady state output for wave input refers to the output of a system that has reached a stable and consistent level in response to a constant wave input. This means that the output is no longer changing and has reached a state of equilibrium.

2. How is steady state output for wave input different from transient state?

Steady state output for wave input is the final, stable output of a system, while transient state refers to the initial response of the system as it adjusts to a new input. Transient state eventually leads to steady state if the input remains constant.

3. What factors affect the steady state output for wave input?

The steady state output for wave input can be affected by various factors, such as the characteristics of the input wave (amplitude, frequency, phase), the properties of the system (damping, resonance), and external forces or disturbances.

4. How can the steady state output for wave input be calculated or measured?

The steady state output for wave input can be calculated using mathematical equations or measured using instruments such as oscilloscopes or signal analyzers. The method of calculation or measurement will depend on the specific system and input being studied.

5. Can steady state output for wave input be achieved in all systems?

No, not all systems can reach steady state. Some systems may exhibit chaotic or unpredictable behavior, while others may have limitations or instabilities that prevent them from reaching a stable output. It is important to consider the characteristics and limitations of a system when studying its steady state response to wave input.