Steric inhibition of resonance

In summary, the question is asking if there is a steric inhibition of resonance effect that can destabilize the acetate ion in acetic acid. The person is seeking an expert answer to help them understand this concept and they are anxiously awaiting a reply. They also request for the person to expedite their response. Additionally, they suggest replacing "resonance" with "bond strength" to make the question clearer.
hariharan venkatasu
Is there steric inhibition of resonance effect acting on acetate ion of acetic acid by which it breaks the equivalent resonance of COO group and destabilize the acetate ion? Please help me to understand this

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Please help me with your expert answer.

I am anxiously awaiting for your reply. Could you please oblige?

I am yet to receive your reply on this topic. I will be immensely thankful if you expedite your reply. Thanks.

I think your question makes no sense at all, which is why you are not getting any replies.

Likes jim mcnamara
Hmm... Does it make more sense if "resonance" is replaced with "bond strength"?

(not a chemist, so just guessing from context) :doh:

1. What is steric inhibition of resonance?

Steric inhibition of resonance is a phenomenon that occurs when bulky or bulky substituents hinder the delocalization of electrons in a molecule, preventing the formation of resonance structures.

2. How does steric inhibition of resonance affect the stability of a molecule?

Steric inhibition of resonance decreases the stability of a molecule by preventing the delocalization of electrons, which is a key factor in determining a molecule's stability.

3. What types of molecules are most affected by steric inhibition of resonance?

Molecules with multiple resonance structures, such as aromatic compounds and conjugated systems, are most affected by steric inhibition of resonance.

4. Can steric inhibition of resonance be predicted?

Yes, steric inhibition of resonance can be predicted by examining the size and shape of substituents on a molecule and their potential hindrance of electron delocalization.

5. How does steric inhibition of resonance impact chemical reactions?

Steric inhibition of resonance can affect the rate and outcome of chemical reactions by altering the stability and reactivity of a molecule.