Still's disease and muscle movement

In summary: There is muscle pain last night after gym and just want to see the anatomy involved. I'm not asking for diagnosis because it's just mild.Is the pain in your bicep or in your shoulder somewhere?Lots of muscles and tendons are involved in that arm movement...In summary, the pain you feel could be in your bicep, shoulder, or somewhere else in your arm.
kiki_danc
What muscle or tendon is involved when you tried to touch the armpit of the other side of the body and there is slight muscle or tendon pain for the arms that reached out to the other armpit ? I feel some mild muscle pain last night after gym and just want to see the anatomy involved. I'm not asking for diagnosis because it's just mild.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is the pain in your bicep or in your shoulder somewhere? Lots of muscles and tendons are involved in that arm movement...

https://bloginonline.com/wp-content...t-of-human-shoulder-muscles-chest-muscles.jpg

human-chest-muscle-anatomy-muscles-anatomy-chest-chart-of-human-shoulder-muscles-chest-muscles.jpg

Attachments

• human-chest-muscle-anatomy-muscles-anatomy-chest-chart-of-human-shoulder-muscles-chest-muscles.jpg
    human-chest-muscle-anatomy-muscles-anatomy-chest-chart-of-human-shoulder-muscles-chest-muscles.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 2,428
Likes kiki_danc and BillTre
As @berkeman pointed out, this is a very tough problem.

Diagnosis starts with a concept: range of motion. It is used to figure out if there is any impairment/problem with:
muscle tissues,
connective tissues,
bone,
or a mixture of the above.

If you can move your hurt arm (even with some pain) in all of the ways you can move your good arm , the problem not a major concern.*
If you cannot do this because of severe pain or your hurt arm no longer can "go" there, see a physician.
If the pain does not slowly go away, see a physician.

The next big complication is referred pain. It hurts in a place on your body where nothing is wrong at all.
Example:
Certain shoulder injuries (e.g., rotator cuff ) often hurt in the middle of upper arm, not the shoulder where the damage is. Rather, it seems to you to come from the insertion point of the deltoid muscle. The deltoid tuberosity. I am in no way suggesting this is your problem. An example only of referred pain. You can have shoulder pain during a heart attack, just to be clear.

PF cannot do any kind of medical diagnosis. So get help, do not self-diagnose.

* this is a paraphrase from my notes I took that came from a textbook:
'Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists Screening for Referral' C. C. Goodman, T. E. K. Snyder 5th Ed. Older edition.

Likes kiki_danc, BillTre and berkeman
I can move my hurt arm (even with some pain) in all of the ways I can move my good arm... it's just that I never experienced any muscle pain before.

Do you have any animations or videos showing all the muscles and tendon involved in moving an arm? Sometimes we take for granted that our body is a machine and only realized it when we have difficulty moving a part.

jim mcnamara said:
The next big complication is referred pain. It hurts in a place on your body where nothing is wrong at all.
Understatement, at least in my case.
While fiddling with a spring, it unwound - stupid me, I did not secure it well enough - and I got my left hand finger smacked a while back.
Finger became numb somewhat, and the fingernail looked and was damaged.
But the pain I felt was in the armpit as if it was being poked with a stick for a good while.

I feel much better now.. muscle pain almost gone.

I'm very concerned because my uncle got Still's Disease early this year. Who happens to have or know of one who got Still's Disease?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult-onset_Still's_disease

It says "The cause of adult-onset Still's disease is unknown".

Fortunately. My uncle was cured now. While he hadit.. he couldn't even move (without much muscle pain) to take a bath and someone has to take bath for him at the garage (since he couldn't even climb upstairs).

We are going off topic - to the point where this needs to be in general discussion, since it much more social and personal experience than scientific.

1. What is the cause of muscle stiffness and pain in Still's disease?

Muscle stiffness and pain in Still's disease is caused by inflammation in the body. This inflammation can affect the muscles, causing them to become stiff and painful.

2. How does Still's disease affect muscle movement?

Still's disease can affect muscle movement by causing stiffness, weakness, and pain in the muscles. This can make it difficult to move or use the affected muscles, leading to decreased range of motion and mobility.

3. Can muscle movement be improved in Still's disease?

Yes, muscle movement can be improved in Still's disease through a combination of treatments such as medications, physical therapy, and exercise. It is important to work with a healthcare professional to develop a personalized treatment plan to improve muscle movement.

4. Are there any exercises that can help with muscle movement in Still's disease?

Yes, there are specific exercises that can help with muscle movement in Still's disease. Low-impact exercises such as swimming, yoga, and tai chi can help improve flexibility, strength, and range of motion in the affected muscles. It is important to consult with a physical therapist before starting any exercise program.

5. How can I manage muscle movement difficulties in Still's disease?

To manage muscle movement difficulties in Still's disease, it is important to follow a treatment plan prescribed by a healthcare professional, which may include medications, physical therapy, and exercise. Additionally, practicing stress management techniques, getting enough rest, and maintaining a healthy diet can also help improve muscle movement.