Strange Problem with Post ....

• MHB
  • Thread starter Math Amateur
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem encountered with formatting on a thread about the supremum property. The issue was eventually resolved by simplifying the use of fonts and math environments. The conversation also includes a question about ensuring that a certain value is less than another value.
Math Amateur
Gold Member
MHB
In my latest post to the thread
https://mathhelpboards.com/analysis-50/application-supremum-property-further-questions-garling-remarks-theorem-3-1-1-a-26167.htmlI encountered a strange problem ...

***EDIT*** PROBLEM SOLVED ... i retyped offending text ... still don't know what went wrong! My text ...

Then ...

Garling claims we have
\(\displaystyle x \lt p_0 / q_0 \lt y \)...
My question is as follows:

In the above process .. how are we sure that
\(\displaystyle p_0 / q_0 \lt y\) ... ?

would not display correctly ... but why?Result was

Then ...

Garling claims we have
$ \displaystyle x \lt p_0 / q_0 \lt y $...
My question is as follows:

In the above process .. how are we sure that
$ \displaystyle p_0 / q_0 \lt y$ ... ?

Can someone please help determine what went wrong ...

Peter

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Could be wrong, but it looks to me like you're trying to do too many fancy things with fonts and stuff, particularly inside your math environments. I'll bet if you used the default font, and just used dollar signs or double dollar signs, as needed, it would render fine.

Ackbach said:
Could be wrong, but it looks to me like you're trying to do too many fancy things with fonts and stuff, particularly inside your math environments. I'll bet if you used the default font, and just used dollar signs or double dollar signs, as needed, it would render fine.
Indeed, Ackbach ... I think your advice is right on the money ...

Peter

1. What is a "strange problem" with Post?

The term "strange problem" with Post refers to any unusual or unexpected issue that arises while using the Post software or platform.

2. What are some common examples of strange problems with Post?

Some common examples of strange problems with Post include error messages, unexpected crashes, formatting issues, and difficulties with uploading or accessing content.

3. How can I troubleshoot a strange problem with Post?

The first step in troubleshooting a strange problem with Post is to identify the specific issue and gather any error messages or codes. Then, try restarting the software or platform and clearing your cache and cookies. If the problem persists, reach out to the Post support team for further assistance.

4. Are there any known solutions to common strange problems with Post?

Yes, there are known solutions to many common strange problems with Post. These can include updating the software, checking for compatibility with your device or operating system, and adjusting settings or preferences.

5. Can a strange problem with Post be caused by user error?

Yes, in some cases a strange problem with Post may be caused by user error, such as incorrect formatting or uploading of content. However, it is also possible for the problem to be a technical issue with the software or platform itself.