Streaming your video library online

• Thread starter dwaring28720
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, the speaker is asking if they can use Tversity to stream media over the internet, as they have been using it for local streaming. They remember an advertisement for Windows 7 showing a teenager accessing media on their home PC while abroad. They are looking for a software that can do the same. They assure that this is not for piracy, but to watch movies they own while at work. They mention having fast internet and a capable PC. The solution may be found in Windows 7's remote media streaming feature.
dwaring28720
hi well its pretty much what the title says, I've been using Tversity for all my media server needs, ie transcoding and streaming videos to my xbox 360 and to my partners laptop over the home network, now what i was wondering was can i do similar but over the internet, now tversity doesn't support online streaming but i do remember an advertisement on television for windows 7 showing something similar, where a teenager was abroad and he could access media on his home pc.

For the life of me i can't find what I am looking for an just wondered if anyone has come across the software to do what I am asking.

Basically i want to watch a few movies while I am in work, upload speed shouldn't be an issue as I've got 100mbit broadband and my pc's spec is upto scratch.

Before anyone complains this is nothing todo with piracy or such, there all movies which i own and just want the option to watch them in work :)

thanks for any help

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. How do I stream my video library online?

To stream your video library online, you will need to choose a streaming platform or service, such as Netflix or Hulu. You will then need to create an account and upload your videos to the platform. Once your videos are uploaded, you can easily access and stream them online.

2. Do I need special equipment to stream my video library online?

In most cases, you do not need any special equipment to stream your video library online. As long as you have a device with internet access, such as a computer, smartphone, or tablet, you should be able to access and stream your videos on any streaming platform or service.

3. Can I stream my video library on multiple devices?

Yes, most streaming platforms and services allow you to stream your video library on multiple devices. However, some may have limitations on the number of devices that can be used simultaneously. It is best to check with the specific platform or service for their device usage policies.

4. How much does it cost to stream my video library online?

The cost of streaming your video library online will vary depending on the platform or service you choose. Some may be free, while others may require a monthly or yearly subscription fee. It is important to research and compare different options to find one that fits your budget and needs.

5. Is streaming my video library online legal?

In most cases, streaming your video library online is legal as long as you have obtained the videos legally and have the necessary rights and permissions to distribute them. However, it is important to check the terms and conditions of the streaming platform or service to ensure that you are not violating any copyright laws.