String hanging and oscillating

In summary, string hanging and oscillating is a phenomenon where a string or rope is hung from a fixed point and allowed to swing back and forth due to the force of gravity and tension in the string. The factors that affect the oscillation of a string include the length and weight of the string, the angle at which it is hung, and the strength of gravity. The frequency of oscillation can be calculated using the formula f = 1/2π * √(g/L), where f is the frequency, g is the acceleration due to gravity, and L is the length of the string. There is a difference between string hanging and string oscillating, with string hanging referring to a stationary string hanging vertically and string oscillating referring
LCSphysicist
Homework Statement
That's an easy problem. I will post below.
Relevant Equations
All below.
1598030992318.png

I thought we could do the part a by two steps:

(Studying the motion along x {there is no})

1598031112807.png

and along y

1598031127013.png
(Here should be T + dT)******
1598031265020.png

But apparently the answer is: "
1598031307019.png
"
So i think if the answer is wrong or, if not, where i made a mistake?

Physics news on Phys.org
They are the same aren't they?

• Haha
Likes LCSphysicist
hutchphd said:
They are the same aren't they?
Jesus TRUTH, just now i notice the notation, omg zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Likes hutchphd

What is string hanging and oscillating?

String hanging and oscillating is a phenomenon in which a string or a rope is suspended from one end and allowed to freely move back and forth in a pendulum-like motion.

What factors affect the oscillation of a string?

The oscillation of a string is affected by several factors such as the length of the string, the weight of the string, the tension applied to the string, and the angle at which the string is released.

What is the relationship between the length of the string and its oscillation?

The length of the string is directly proportional to its oscillation. This means that as the length of the string increases, the time taken for one complete oscillation also increases.

How does the weight of the string affect its oscillation?

The weight of the string has a direct impact on its oscillation. A heavier string will have a slower oscillation compared to a lighter string due to the force of gravity acting on it.

Can the tension applied to the string affect its oscillation?

Yes, the tension applied to the string can affect its oscillation. A higher tension will result in a faster oscillation, while a lower tension will result in a slower oscillation.