Stuck tray in the sink - How to separate

• I
  • Thread starter aisha072
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stuck
In summary, the conversation revolves around a tray getting stuck in a kitchen sink and the different attempts made to remove it. Suggestions such as using hot or cold water and breaking the corner with a hammer are made, along with humorous comments about the situation. The conversation ends with a question about whether this type of incident is common in the person's household.
aisha072
TL;DR Summary
My tray got stuck in the kitchen sink like horizontally. I tried putting hot water on top of it but it is not working. Any possible solution ?
My tray got stuck in the kitchen sink like horizontally. I tried putting hot water on top of it but it is not working. Any possible solution ?

• Sad
Likes OCR
Physics news on Phys.org
aisha072 said:
My tray got stuck in the kitchen sink like horizontally.
Oh my !

aisha072 said:
Any possible solution ?
Hot water should make it expand, so try cold water. . . . :oldsmile:
If worst comes to worst. . . I might be able to help.
DSCF0331.JPG
Lol. . . no, just try the cold water. .:oldbiggrin:

• Haha
Likes davenn and 256bits
Nothing happened :(

I broke its corner with a hammer

• Wow
  • Sad
Likes sophiecentaur, OCR and 256bits
aisha072 said:

Serve it right. It had it coming!

• Skeptical
Likes OCR and 256bits
aisha072 said:

Rock - Paper - Scissors.

In your case, Sink ,Tray, Hammer.

• Haha
Likes davenn, sophiecentaur and OCR
256bits said:
Rock - Paper - Scissors.

In your case, Sink ,Tray, Hammer.
Do you do sort of thing regularly in your house. i.e. is it a family trait ?

• Haha
Likes davenn, OCR and 256bits
aisha072 said:
sophiecentaur said:
Do you do sort of thing regularly in your house. i.e. is it a family trait ?
The corner did come from the tray, right ?. . . right ?? . :nb)

Last edited:
Likes sophiecentaur and 256bits
My tray . . .
Man, I'll bet you're forming an intense dislike for that tray, right about now. . .
lmao.gif

1. How did the tray get stuck in the sink?

The tray most likely got stuck in the sink due to suction created by the water and air pressure. This can happen if the tray is placed too close to the bottom of the sink or if there are small crevices where water can get trapped.

2. What is the best method for separating a stuck tray in the sink?

The best method for separating a stuck tray in the sink is to first try using hot water. Pouring hot water over the edges of the tray can help loosen the suction. If that doesn't work, you can try using a plunger to create pressure and break the suction. You can also try using a spatula or butter knife to gently pry the tray away from the sink.

3. Is it safe to use force to remove a stuck tray in the sink?

It is not recommended to use excessive force when trying to remove a stuck tray in the sink. This can potentially damage the tray or the sink. It is important to be gentle and patient when trying to separate the tray.

4. How can I prevent a tray from getting stuck in the sink in the future?

To prevent a tray from getting stuck in the sink, make sure to leave enough space between the tray and the bottom of the sink when placing it in the sink. You can also try placing a small towel or rubber mat underneath the tray to prevent suction from forming. Additionally, regularly cleaning and drying the sink can prevent any buildup that could contribute to the tray getting stuck.

5. What should I do if none of the methods work and the tray is still stuck in the sink?

If none of the methods mentioned above work, you may need to call a professional plumber for assistance. They have the tools and expertise to safely remove the tray without causing damage to the sink. It is important to not use any harsh chemicals or excessive force in this situation.