Suggest to me a new project on embedded systems

In summary, the speaker is seeking suggestions for a new idea for their embedded system major project, which must be completed within 3 months. The project needs to have a new idea, the ability to modify old projects, multiple uses, and be cost-effective. The speaker has suggested web-based wireless electricity monitoring and heart rate monitoring systems, but their guide has asked them to search for new ideas. They are seeking advice from others and have been asked about their experience and background in building and programming embedded systems.
vead
hello friends

I have to submit project in class within 3 months

my guide told me you have to make project on embedded system (major project )

quality of project
1) idea should be new
2) we can modify old project
3) project should have multiple use
4) project should be complete in less cost

I have suggested some topics
1)web based wireless electricity monitoring system
2)heart rate monitoring system

but he told me , search some new idea .that is old ideas I am searching some new idea on internet
can someone suggest some new ideas that fulfill my project requirement ?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
vead said:
hello friends

I have to submit project in class within 3 months

my guide told me you have to make project on embedded system (major project )

quality of project
1) idea should be new
2) we can modify old project
3) project should have multiple use
4) project should be complete in less cost

I have suggested some topics
1)web based wireless electricity monitoring system
2)heart rate monitoring system

but he told me , search some new idea .that is old ideas I am searching some new idea on internet
can someone suggest some new ideas that fulfill my project requirement ?

Are you going to actually build it, or just draw schematics & do a report?

If you are going to build it, what microcontrollers (uCs) do you have experience with? Arduino, PIC, Rapsberry Pi, BeagleBone, etc.? Do you have experience programming CPLDs or FPGAs to implement complicated circuits and state machines? What is your electronics background? What year are you in school?

1. What is the purpose of embedded systems?

Embedded systems are small computer systems designed to perform a specific task or function within a larger system. They are often used in devices that require real-time processing, such as smartphones, cars, and appliances.

2. What are some potential project ideas for embedded systems?

Some potential project ideas for embedded systems include creating a smart home system, designing a wearable health monitoring device, or developing a self-driving car system. Other ideas could include creating a smart irrigation system for agriculture or designing a wireless sensor network for environmental monitoring.

3. How do I choose a suitable microcontroller for an embedded systems project?

When choosing a microcontroller for an embedded systems project, it is important to consider factors such as processing speed, memory capacity, and the number of input/output pins needed for your specific project. It is also important to consider the availability of development tools and support for the microcontroller you choose.

4. What programming languages are commonly used for embedded systems?

Some commonly used programming languages for embedded systems include C, C++, and Assembly. Each language has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to choose the language that best fits your project's requirements and your own programming skills.

5. How can I test and debug my embedded systems project?

There are several ways to test and debug an embedded systems project, including using a debugger tool, using a logic analyzer to monitor signals, and using a simulator to test the code before running it on the actual hardware. It is also important to incorporate error handling and debugging features into the code to make it easier to identify and fix any issues that may arise.