Superposition with a dependent current source

In summary, the conversation is about a student uploading a homework assignment and seeking confirmation on their work and the command for a dependent current source in PSpice. They also discuss using superposition in their solution and the challenges of writing on an iPad.
DODGEVIPER13

Homework Statement

I uploaded the assignment it is problem 2

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I really just want confirmation that my work is ok, and the command for a dependent current source in PSpice. The things that I found that are dependent, are very confusing looking things instead of diamonds. I have tried E and F but I don't know how to use them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
DODGEVIPER13 said:

Homework Statement

I uploaded the assignment it is problem 2

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I really just want confirmation that my work is ok, and the command for a dependent current source in PSpice. The things that I found that are dependent, are very confusing looking things instead of diamonds. I have tried E and F but I don't know how to use them?
Is there a reason you posted this in Calculus & not physics?

Whoops can I move it to engineering

DODGEVIPER13 said:
Whoops can I move it to engineering

Hard to tell from your work.

tell me one thing: how did you employ superposition, in words, not in equations?

Sorry man I didn't even realize you answered well isn't superposition just the algebraic sum of Ll the individual voltages or currents caused by their separate sources which you find by cutting one of and solving without that source and do the same for the other

Hard. To write on the ole ipad sorry it autocorrects and I don't catch it sometimes.

1. What is superposition with a dependent current source?

Superposition with a dependent current source is a technique used in circuit analysis where the effects of each independent source (such as voltage sources and current sources) are analyzed separately and then combined to determine the overall response of the circuit. This technique is particularly useful when dealing with circuits that have dependent sources, such as a current source that is dependent on the voltage across a resistor.

2. How is superposition with a dependent current source applied in circuit analysis?

In order to apply superposition with a dependent current source in circuit analysis, the circuit is first simplified by replacing the dependent source with its equivalent circuit that only contains independent sources. Then, the effects of each independent source are calculated separately using traditional analysis techniques. Finally, the individual effects are combined to determine the overall response of the circuit.

3. What are the benefits of using superposition with a dependent current source?

Using superposition with a dependent current source allows for a simplified analysis of complex circuits. It also allows for a systematic approach to analyzing the effects of multiple sources in a circuit, making it easier to understand and troubleshoot circuit behavior.

4. Are there any limitations to using superposition with a dependent current source?

Superposition with a dependent current source can only be applied to circuits that have linear components, meaning that the response of the circuit is directly proportional to the applied voltage or current. It also cannot be used to analyze the effects of nonlinear components, such as diodes or transistors.

5. Can superposition with a dependent current source be used with other types of dependent sources?

Yes, superposition can also be applied to circuits with other types of dependent sources, such as dependent voltage sources or dependent resistors. However, the technique may become more complex and may require additional steps in the analysis process.