Use of 4 floating current sources

In summary, using 4 floating current sources allows for more precise and accurate control of current in a circuit. Each source is isolated from the others, allowing for independent control and preventing interference. The benefits of using 4 floating current sources include improved accuracy, better control, increased stability, and flexibility in circuit design. However, they also have limitations such as a more complex design and higher cost, as well as the risk of interference if not properly isolated. 4 floating current sources are commonly used in precision measurement and testing equipment, electronic devices, power supplies, battery charging systems, and medical equipment.
akaliuseheal

Homework Statement

I have 4 resistive sensors thus I need to tie 4 floating current sources. Floating current source will give me output voltage linear to the resistance of a sensor. I know it is not the best solution but it is good enough.

Image provided:
FCS.PNG

Homework Equations

None

The Attempt at a Solution

I did it by aligning them one under another and tying Vref into one point but I am confused by the fact there is no ground.

FCS.PNG

Attachments

• FCS.PNG
    FCS.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 426
  • FCS.PNG
    FCS.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 380
Physics news on Phys.org
akaliuseheal said:
there is no ground
What is the little horizontal line at the bottom end of Rs ?

Likes NascentOxygen

What is the purpose of using 4 floating current sources?

The use of 4 floating current sources allows for more precise and accurate control of the current in a circuit. By providing multiple sources, the overall current can be adjusted and balanced to meet the specific needs of the circuit. This can lead to better performance and reliability of the circuit.

How do 4 floating current sources work?

Each floating current source is isolated from the other sources, meaning they do not share a common ground. This allows for independent control of each source and prevents interference between them. The sources can be adjusted individually to provide the desired current output.

What are the benefits of using 4 floating current sources?

Using 4 floating current sources can provide several benefits, including improved accuracy, better control, and increased stability. It also allows for more flexibility in circuit design and can be useful in applications where precise current regulation is required.

Are there any limitations to using 4 floating current sources?

One limitation of using 4 floating current sources is that they require a more complex circuit design and increased cost compared to using a single current source. Additionally, if not properly isolated, there is a risk of interference between the sources which can affect the accuracy of the current output.

In what applications are 4 floating current sources commonly used?

4 floating current sources are commonly used in precision measurement and testing equipment, as well as in electronic devices that require precise and stable current regulation. They can also be found in power supplies, battery charging systems, and medical equipment.