Support of Zoom meetings in the Opera Browser

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Support Zoom
In summary, to enable Zoom support in Opera Browser, you can download and install the Opera Zoom extension from the Opera add-ons store. With this extension, you can join Zoom meetings directly from your browser without downloading the app. There is no limit to the number of participants in a Zoom meeting on Opera Browser and you can schedule and join meetings using the extension. Additionally, screen sharing is possible during a Zoom meeting on Opera Browser through the Opera Zoom extension.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
As far as I can tell Zoom meeting isn't working properly in my Opera Browser in my old Win 10 Laptop.
I can hear the other participant in the meeting but I'm not seeing his video.
Is this because Zoom doesn't support Opera Browser?

That's my first guess, since according to the page here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362593-Launching-Zoom-from-a-web-browser
In FireFox I can see the participant video.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Nope. I use Zoom and Opera every week without trouble.

Good luck. There are many ways for Zoom to go wrong.

What is Zoom?

Zoom is a popular video conferencing software that allows users to host and join virtual meetings, webinars, and online events.

Can I use Zoom in the Opera browser?

Yes, Zoom is supported in the Opera browser. However, you may need to install the Zoom extension from the Opera add-ons store to use all of Zoom's features.

How do I join a Zoom meeting in Opera?

To join a Zoom meeting in Opera, simply click on the meeting link or enter the meeting ID and password provided by the meeting host. You can also join by opening the Zoom application and entering the meeting ID in the "Join a Meeting" tab.

Can I host a Zoom meeting in Opera?

Yes, you can host a Zoom meeting in Opera. You will need to have a Zoom account and the Zoom extension installed in your browser to host a meeting. You can schedule a meeting through the Zoom extension or by logging into your Zoom account on the Zoom website.

Are there any limitations to using Zoom in the Opera browser?

There are currently no known limitations to using Zoom in the Opera browser. However, it is always recommended to have the latest version of both Opera and Zoom to ensure smooth and uninterrupted usage.