Teeth damage after eating bacon and egg?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential reasons for feeling slight pain in one's teeth after eating fried bacon and eggs. Possible explanations include sensitivity to heat, crumbling teeth, excessive salt or preservatives in the bacon, and improper brushing habits. Some suggest visiting a dentist for a proper diagnosis, while others suggest simply eating less bacon and eggs.
tgt
Does your teeth feel slightly hurt after eating fried bacon and eggs? If it's not because they were too hot when you consumed them then what reasons could it be?

Physics news on Phys.org
Your teeth may have developed a sensitivity to heat. Other than that, I can't imagine.

Your teeth may just be crumbling. I'd go to the dentist. Eating shouldn't hurt. Definitely not regular bacon and eggs.

No, my teeth never hurt after eating bacon and eggs. My heart, maybe, but not my teeth.

Just how crisp do you cook your bacon?

Did you remember to remove the egg shells? :tongue:

lisab said:
No, my teeth never hurt after eating bacon and eggs. My heart, maybe, but not my teeth.

Just how crisp do you cook your bacon?

Evo said:

:rofl: Maybe that's it...overly crisp bacon and eggshells. :rofl:

No, bacon and eggs shouldn't hurt your teeth. As others suggested, if it does, see a dentist.

cavaties

The thing is no other savoury stuff hurts my teeth. Yes, all egg shell removed. Bacon is sort of crispy. I fry them in a steel pot for making soup rather then a frying pan. Could that make a difference?

Maybe the salt in the bacon is irritating your gums a little?

Math Is Hard said:
Maybe the salt in the bacon is irritating your gums a little?

Could be the preservatives in the bacon. Fried eggs only also irritate my gums. But salt in other food dosn't have any affets.

Perhaps I feel something similar. Those tiny pieces of chewed bacon irritate my gums right where the tooth meets. It sometimes feels deeper than the surface.

Not brushing your teeth often enough or not brushing correctly. Get yourself to a dentist, who will patch you up, and command you to start brushing properly, or next time he'll leave them to rot and fall out, then no more bacon and eggs for you.

the enamel on your teeth might be worn away. go to the dentist.

Evo said:

Or the hooves?

It hurts at the place where I have my wisdom tooth. Maybe I need to get those out?

I had the same thing today but with everything wrapped up between two pieces of bread. I am exposing less of my teeth to the bacon and so it feels fine.

striker5585 said:
the enamel on your teeth might be worn away
Poop-Loops said:
Your teeth may just be crumbling.
qspeechc said:
Not brushing your teeth often enough or not brushing correctly. Get yourself to a dentist, who will patch you up, and command you to start brushing properly, or next time he'll leave them to rot and fall out.

Symptoms:
Sometimes has pain after eating bacon

Diagnoses
Give dentist hundreds of dollars to take a look at your teeth because you probably have a highly debilitating illness.

Easier solution
Eat less bacon and eggs.

Related past thread, by the way:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=128627

Last edited:

1. How does eating bacon and egg damage teeth?

Eating bacon and egg can damage teeth due to the high acidity and sugar content in these foods. The acid in bacon and egg can erode the enamel on teeth, leading to tooth decay. Additionally, the sugar in these foods can feed harmful bacteria in the mouth, which can also contribute to tooth decay.

2. Can eating bacon and egg lead to tooth sensitivity?

Yes, consuming acidic and sugary foods like bacon and egg can lead to tooth sensitivity. The acid can cause the outer layer of enamel to wear down, exposing the sensitive layer of dentin underneath. This can result in pain and discomfort when consuming hot or cold foods.

3. Is there a difference in teeth damage between eating bacon and egg separately versus together?

There is not necessarily a difference in teeth damage between consuming bacon and egg separately or together. What matters most is the overall frequency and amount of acidic and sugary foods that are consumed. Consuming bacon and egg regularly, whether together or separately, can lead to tooth damage over time.

4. Can brushing and flossing prevent teeth damage from eating bacon and egg?

Proper oral hygiene, including brushing and flossing, can help prevent tooth damage from eating bacon and egg. By removing food particles and bacteria from the mouth, the risk of tooth decay and enamel erosion is reduced. However, it is also important to limit the amount and frequency of acidic and sugary foods in the diet.

5. Are there any other potential dental health concerns associated with eating bacon and egg?

In addition to tooth decay and enamel erosion, consuming bacon and egg may also increase the risk of gum disease. The high fat content in these foods can contribute to plaque buildup, which can lead to inflammation and infection of the gums. This can ultimately lead to gum disease if not properly managed.