Testing of later "thread" deletion

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, @berkeman is trying to see if he can delete his post, but right now, the "Edit" link is active.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Only testing. Later, maybe 20 to 25 hours, I attempt to see if I, member, can delete or alter the posting or 'thread'. Right now immediately on posting, there is an "Edit" link.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
symbolipoint said:
RIght now immediately on posting
That's a pretty embarrasing typo, IMO. YOu should probably fix it, in like 24.1 hours... :wink:

symbolipoint said:
Only testing. Later, maybe 20 to 25 hours, I attempt to see if I, member, can delete or alter the posting or 'thread'. RIght now immediately on posting, there is an "Edit" link.
Just as @berkeman said, I will fix the typographical mistake , but right now.

Nuh-uh, I still see it... :smile:

symbolipoint said:
Only testing. Later, maybe 20 to 25 hours, I attempt to see if I, member, can delete or alter the posting or 'thread'. Right now immediately on posting, there is an "Edit" link.
My recollection is that 24 hours is the edit window. And in that window, posts can be deleted but not threads (opening posts).

• Informative
Likes symbolipoint
Time post can be edited is called "courtesy time" and it can be configured in the forum software. It has been changed several times in the past. In general: too short and people can't edit embarrassing typos they spot, too long, and people abuse the ability to cover their apparent lack of understanding of the question matter.

No idea what it is now, @Greg Bernhardt definitely can check.

Likes russ_watters
Borek said:
Time post can be edited is called "courtesy time" and it can be configured in the forum software. It has been changed several times in the past. In general: too short and people can't edit embarrassing typos they spot, too long, and people abuse the ability to cover their apparent lack of understanding of the question matter.

No idea what it is now, @Greg Bernhardt definitely can check.
That may be all fine. I will find out later today.

symbolipoint said:
Been more than one day now. Let me see if I am able to delete my post #1, quote above, since "Edit" link still appears active. I am unsure what I will be able to delete....

No. What is offered is to change the post, save, or cancel. Not allowed to delete that post or the thread/topic. Maybe this is just good to know.