The Largest heart among terrestrial animals

In summary, there is confusion about which animal has the largest heart among all terrestrial animals. Some sources say it is the elephant while others say it is the giraffe. However, the giraffe's long neck may suggest that it needs a larger heart to pump blood against gravity.
gracy
Which of the following is correct
1-Elephant has the largest heart among all terrestrial animals.
2-Giraffe has the largest heart among all terrestrial animals.
I have read somewhere that elephant has the largest heart among all terrestrial animals.But now I have seen a book where it is written that Giraffe has the largest heart among all terrestrial animals,I am confused I want the correct and reliable answer for my test on "kingdom animalia".

Biology news on Phys.org
I've always heard it was the giraffe, because they have such a long way up the neck to pump blood against gravity.

Pythagorean said:
I've always heard it was the giraffe, because they have such a long way up the neck to pump blood against gravity.
I pity the sauropod!

• sauropoda_1.jpg

What is the largest heart among terrestrial animals?

The largest heart among terrestrial animals belongs to the blue whale.

How big is the blue whale's heart?

The blue whale's heart can weigh up to 1,000 pounds and can be as large as a small car.

Why does the blue whale have such a large heart?

The blue whale has a large heart because it needs to pump blood throughout its massive body. As the largest animal on Earth, it requires a lot of blood to supply oxygen and nutrients to its cells.

Can other animals have hearts as big as the blue whale's?

No, the blue whale's heart is unique to its species. Other large animals, such as elephants and giraffes, have relatively large hearts compared to their body size, but none come close to the size of the blue whale's heart.

How does the blue whale's heart compare to the human heart?

The blue whale's heart is much larger and more powerful than the human heart. It can pump up to 60 gallons of blood per beat, while the human heart only pumps about a gallon. Additionally, the blue whale's heart has a higher resting heart rate of 8-10 beats per minute, compared to the human heart's 60-100 beats per minute.