Thermodynamics in medicine school

In summary, it is possible to understand thermodynamics without a strong background in chemistry, but it may require additional effort such as reading from different sources and solving practice problems. Becoming proficient in this subject may also require real-life experiments and experiences rather than simply watching videos.
wolly
Can you understand thermodynamics without a lot of information from chemistry?I mean I didn't learned a lot about atoms,molecules and everything that is related to science so I was wondering if it is possible to learn it without these subjects.I learned a few things about chemistry in high school and they never helped me.
I want to become a doctor and I saw that a lot of students know a lot about this chapter.How did they succed?I tried to read chemistry lessons about these subjects but I failed horrible and I revised and revised and revised until I had no idea what the lessons are about.Is there a secret?I really want to know that secret.

Science news on Phys.org
There is not secret. Chemical Thermodynamics is a difficult subject, and requires lots of reading (from different sources) and solving lots of practice problems.

So there is no way to understand molecules or atoms without real life experiments or experiences?I mean watching an youtube video is easy but understanding what they mean is the hardest part.

1. What is thermodynamics?

Thermodynamics is the branch of science that deals with the study of energy and its transformation in physical systems.

2. How is thermodynamics relevant in medicine school?

Thermodynamics is relevant in medicine school as it helps in understanding the principles of energy transfer and metabolism in living organisms. It also explains the functioning of various physiological processes such as digestion, respiration, and circulation.

3. What are the laws of thermodynamics?

The laws of thermodynamics are the fundamental principles that govern energy and its transformations. They include the first law, which states that energy cannot be created or destroyed but can only be transferred or converted, and the second law, which states that the total entropy of a closed system always increases or remains constant in ideal cases.

4. How does thermodynamics relate to bioenergetics?

Thermodynamics is the basis of bioenergetics, which is the study of energy flow and transformation in living organisms. It explains how energy is produced, stored, and utilized by cells to carry out various biological processes.

5. What are some applications of thermodynamics in medicine?

Some applications of thermodynamics in medicine include understanding the thermoregulation and heat transfer in the human body, studying the metabolic processes in cells and tissues, and developing medical devices such as pacemakers and artificial organs based on thermodynamic principles.