Thickness & Distance of Milky Way at Sun's Location

Do you have any additional sources or information about the thickness at the sun's location?In summary, the Milky Way's disk has an average thickness of 2000 ly, but there is no specific information available about the thickness at the sun's location. The sun is currently located within the Local Fluff of the Local Bubble, at a distance of 8.33 ± 0.35 kiloparsecs (27,200 ± 1,100 ly) from the Galactic Center, and is 5-30 parsecs (16-98 ly) from the central plane of the Galactic disk.
lifeonmercury
What is the thickness of the Milky Way at the sun's location, and how far is the sun toward the top/bottom?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
According to Wiki, the thickness of the disk is about 2000 ly.

From wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_Way#Sun.E2.80.99s_location_and_neighborhood
The Sun is near the inner rim of the Orion Arm, within the Local Fluff of the Local Bubble, and in the Gould Belt, at a distance of 8.33 ± 0.35 kiloparsecs (27,200 ± 1,100 ly) from the Galactic Center.[14][88][139] The Sun is currently 5–30 parsecs (16–98 ly) from the central plane of the Galactic disk.

I don't see a number given for the thickness of the milky way at our position, but I'm sure a google search will turn it up.

I saw that on Wikipedia too, but I assumed that the 2,000ly figure is the Milky Way's average thickness, and not the thickness of the galaxy at our specific location.

Thanks for the information about the sun being 16-98ly from the galactic plane. It doesn't specify above or below, however.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the thickness information using Google.

1. How thick is the Milky Way at the Sun's location?

The Milky Way is estimated to be about 1,000 light-years thick at the Sun's location. However, this thickness can vary in different regions of the galaxy.

2. How far away is the Sun from the center of the Milky Way?

The Sun is located about 27,000 light-years away from the center of the Milky Way galaxy.

3. What is the distance from the Sun to the edge of the Milky Way?

The distance from the Sun to the edge of the Milky Way is approximately 52,000 light-years.

4. How is the thickness and distance of the Milky Way measured?

The thickness and distance of the Milky Way are measured using various techniques such as parallax measurements, radio telescopes, and observations of Cepheid variable stars.

5. How does the thickness and distance of the Milky Way compare to other galaxies?

The Milky Way is considered to be a medium-sized galaxy, with a thickness and distance that is similar to other spiral galaxies. However, the exact measurements may vary depending on the specific galaxy being compared to.