This was my last semester at junior college

In summary: Thanks for the input.In summary, this person has transferred from San Jacinto College to the University of Houston and has straight A's in all their classes, including physics. They advise that you don't worry about the transition too much and that you should be fine.
Shackleford
I'm transferring from San Jacinto College, and I'll be at the University of Houston starting in the spring. I've taken Cal I-III, Linear Algebra, and University Physics I and II. It looks like I might get an A in both Linear Algebra and University Physics II which means I received an A in all the aforementioned classes. If it the case, I'm proud of my work. I've noticed it is more beneficial to have already the mathematics prerequisite as well. So, I will take Differential Equations before I start my next physics courses which are Modern Physics I and II.

Any advice/tips/suggestions for this big transition?

Physics news on Phys.org
Shackleford said:
I'm transferring from San Jacinto College, and I'll be at the University of Houston starting in the spring. I've taken Cal I-III, Linear Algebra, and University Physics I and II. It looks like I might get an A in both Linear Algebra and University Physics II which means I received an A in all the aforementioned classes. If it the case, I'm proud of my work. I've noticed it is more beneficial to have already the mathematics prerequisite as well. So, I will take Differential Equations before I start my next physics courses which are Modern Physics I and II.

Any advice/tips/suggestions for this big transition?

From my experience so far, the transition from community college to a larger University isn't too bad. Just be ready for less "one-on-one" opportunities with professors, thus more self-learning. The fact that you have earned straight A's bodes well for you, since no matter what school you're at, earning an A is an accomplishment. Plus, it shows initiative to learn on your own. Don't worry too much about it, you should be fine.

Freyster98 said:
From my experience so far, the transition from community college to a larger University isn't too bad. Just be ready for less "one-on-one" opportunities with professors, thus more self-learning. The fact that you have earned straight A's bodes well for you, since no matter what school you're at, earning an A is an accomplishment. Plus, it shows initiative to learn on your own. Don't worry too much about it, you should be fine.

That's good hear. Yeah, I certainly devoted plenty of time to actually learning the material and doing well in the classes. Oh, I am a physics major, by the way. I know not everyone on this site is.

Related to This was my last semester at junior college

1. What is junior college?

Junior college, also known as community college, is a type of higher education institution that offers two-year programs leading to an Associate's degree. It is usually less expensive and more accessible than traditional four-year colleges and universities.

2. How is junior college different from a four-year college?

The main difference between junior college and a four-year college is the length of the programs offered. Junior college offers two-year programs while four-year colleges offer four-year programs. Additionally, junior college typically focuses on general education courses and basic skills, while four-year colleges offer more specialized and advanced coursework.

3. What is an Associate's degree?

An Associate's degree is a type of undergraduate degree awarded by junior colleges and some four-year colleges. It typically takes two years of full-time study to complete and can be used to transfer to a four-year college or to enter the workforce in certain fields.

4. Why is this the last semester at junior college?

This may be the last semester at junior college for a variety of reasons. Some students may have completed their Associate's degree and are transferring to a four-year college, while others may have completed the coursework they needed and are ready to enter the workforce. It is also possible that the student has decided to take a break from education or pursue a different path.

5. Can I still transfer to a four-year college after completing my Associate's degree at junior college?

Yes, many students choose to start at a junior college and then transfer to a four-year college to complete their Bachelor's degree. However, it is important to research and make sure that the credits earned at junior college will transfer to the four-year college of your choice.