Those who had covid infection are also advised for vaccines. Why?

In summary, the Covid 19 vaccine is designed to help the immune system fight the virus. It is effective in people who have had a previous Covid infection, and it produces high levels of antibodies.
mktsgm
TL;DR Summary
It is said that those who had had covid infection are also advised for vaccines. Why?
Normally, when a person gets infected by a virus and subsequently recovers from it, it is understood that he had developed sufficient antibodies. One can surmise that his T-cell contribution also could be satisfactory in its fight against the infection.

In my view, the vaccines are supposed to work only for those who had less power to develop antibodies.

1. In such cases, why a person who had had a Covid infection (who has sufficient antibodies) and subsequently recovered also advised for the vaccine?
  2. Are vaccines are expected to only produce antibodies? Do they have any role in producing T-cells? If so what kind of T-cells are primed for? Th (Th1 or Th2), Treg or Cytotoxic T-cells?
  3. What is there in a vaccine that targets only memory cells specifically?
Thank you,

Biology news on Phys.org
I recently had an anti-body test because I was suspicious I had a mild case back in the early days of the pandemic.

When I asked at the medical lab about the negative anti-body results they responded: "Test results may show negative if you had a mild case."

This thread may provide some insight:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/pfizer-moderna-covid-vaccine-research-papers.997193/

By-the-way, people with mild cases, even those with no recognizable symptoms, are infectious and can spread the virus to others.

Cheers,
Tom

Likes BillTre
Its now established that the SARS Cov2 virus attacks the immune system and can interfere with the responses at various stages in the infection. The adaptive response rely's on the establishment of germinal centres in the lymph nodes that then produce the T and B cells, in people that become seriously ill the germinal centres are often destroyed. It seems the immune response to Covid 19 can be highly variable and this is primarily because of the activity of the virus on specific types of immune cells. The vaccine allows the immune system to function effectively because the virus is not actively sabotaging its efforts. The vaccine studies consistently show a high level of antibodies and the presence of immune memory cells equal to or better than natural infection. The vaccine in someone already immune would act as a booster and allow the body to refine its responses. Remember immunity is not a fixed state, our bodies refine its defences based on the degree of threat.
This involves a lot of current research and I would recommend watching TWiV (this week in Virology) were researchers discuss findings. I know this issue was touched on in TWiV 684, they are long video's so I would start at around 1hr07min into it.

Likes jim mcnamara, BillTre and Ygggdrasil

1. Why are those who had a COVID infection advised to get vaccinated?

Getting vaccinated after having a COVID infection can provide additional protection against future infections. While recovering from COVID infection may provide some level of immunity, it is uncertain how long this immunity will last. Vaccines can provide longer-lasting and more reliable protection.

2. Is it safe to get vaccinated after having a COVID infection?

Yes, it is generally safe to get vaccinated after having a COVID infection. However, it is recommended to wait until you have recovered from the infection and are no longer in isolation. This is to ensure that your body can respond properly to the vaccine and to avoid any potential side effects.

3. Do I still need to get vaccinated if I already had a mild case of COVID?

Yes, it is still recommended to get vaccinated even if you had a mild case of COVID. The severity of the infection does not guarantee immunity and getting vaccinated can provide additional protection against future infections.

4. Can I get vaccinated while I am still recovering from a COVID infection?

No, it is recommended to wait until you have fully recovered from the infection before getting vaccinated. This is to ensure that your body can respond properly to the vaccine and to avoid any potential side effects.

5. How long after having a COVID infection should I wait to get vaccinated?

It is recommended to wait until you have fully recovered from the infection and are no longer in isolation before getting vaccinated. This can vary from person to person, so it is best to consult with your healthcare provider for specific guidance.