Are All Ti-89 Titanium Calculator Specifications Accurate on Amazon?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter Habibrobert
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ti-89
In summary: There are three versions of the ti89 titanium, one without a viewscreen, one with a viewscreen, and this one with a PCI-e slot and SCSI ready.
Habibrobert
So I was looking on Amazon.com and found ti-89s for sale. I saw this add: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002QKTXK/?tag=pfamazon01-20

If you read the description, it talks about the calculator having 4gb of DDR memory and intel dual core processors...

This all seems fishy considering none of the other postings say this... so is this all true?

Also, how many models of the ti-89 titanium are out there? I've just found the viewscreen one and the non-viewscreen models... any other ones out there?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Habibrobert said:

Ha ha, and it has a PCI-e slot and is SCSI ready. :rofl:

Those look like the specs for an external RAID hard-disk array or something like that. Must be a glitch in the Amazon database, or a fumble-fingered data entry clerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just looking at the TI 89's on there too, and noticed this same listing. It costs an extra $20 and has a bunch of insane sounding specs.

So...is this thing not legit? I was skeptical as soon as I read it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is only ONE version of the TI 89 Titanium, right?

This mentions having software that will hook directly up to a projector as well. Could that be the difference in the specs? If that's the case, I can't imagine needing to hook my calculator up to a projector anytime soon, so I think I'd pass on that.

Ahh, I think I just answered the question. According to a reviewer, this is a teachers model. I'm guessing the included projector software/display thing is what determines that.

In the picture, it look like it actually comes with a separate display. I'm going to guess that I don't need this...lol

I am not able to recommend specific products or brands. However, I can provide some information about the Ti-89 calculator to help you make an informed decision. The Ti-89 calculator is a popular graphing calculator used in high school and college-level math and science courses. It is known for its advanced functions and features, such as symbolic manipulation and programming capabilities.

In terms of the different models available, there are two main versions of the Ti-89: the standard Ti-89 and the Ti-89 Titanium. The Ti-89 Titanium has a larger screen and more memory, as well as some additional features compared to the standard Ti-89. Within the Ti-89 Titanium model, there are two versions: the viewscreen model and the non-viewscreen model.

In terms of the Amazon listing you mentioned, it is important to carefully read the description and reviews before making a purchase. The specifications listed, such as 4gb of DDR memory and intel dual core processors, may not be accurate or may refer to additional features that are not included in the standard Ti-89 Titanium model. It is always a good idea to do some research and compare prices and features from multiple sources before making a purchase.

In summary, the Ti-89 calculator is a reliable and popular choice for students and professionals in the math and science fields. When considering which model to buy, it is important to carefully review the features and specifications to ensure they meet your needs.

1. What is the difference between the different models of Ti-89 calculators?

The Ti-89 calculator comes in three different models: the Ti-89, Ti-89 Titanium, and Ti-89 Titanium Voyage 200. The main difference between these models is their processing speed, with the Ti-89 Titanium Voyage 200 being the fastest. The Ti-89 Titanium Voyage 200 also has a larger screen and more memory than the other two models.

2. Which Ti-89 model is best for me?

The best Ti-89 model for you depends on your specific needs and preferences. If you need a fast calculator with a large screen and plenty of memory, the Ti-89 Titanium Voyage 200 may be the best choice. If you don't need the fastest processing speed, the regular Ti-89 or Ti-89 Titanium may be more affordable options.

3. Are there any major differences in features between the Ti-89 models?

All three models of the Ti-89 calculator have the same basic features and functions. However, the Ti-89 Titanium Voyage 200 has additional features such as a built-in clock, customizable menus, and the ability to connect to a computer for data transfer.

4. Can I upgrade my Ti-89 to a higher model?

No, it is not possible to upgrade a Ti-89 to a higher model. Each model has its own hardware and cannot be upgraded to have the features and functions of a higher model.

5. How much should I expect to spend on a Ti-89 calculator?

The price of a Ti-89 calculator varies depending on the model and where you purchase it from. On average, the regular Ti-89 model costs around $150, while the Ti-89 Titanium and Ti-89 Titanium Voyage 200 models can range from $170 to $200. It is always a good idea to shop around and compare prices to find the best deal.