Time dependent current input in Ansys Maxwell 3D

In summary, the conversation revolves around a new user seeking help with passing a time dependent current as an input in Ansys Maxwell. The expert offers guidance on using the "Transient Analysis" feature and provides step-by-step instructions on how to do it. The expert also encourages the user to ask for further assistance on the forum if needed.
Aliosha86
TL;DR Summary
Time dependent current input in Ansys Maxwell 3D
Hi guys,
I am new to this phorum and Ansys Maxwell as well.
I am trying to pass as an input a time dependent current, but I really do not know how to do it.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Cheers,
Alessio

Engineering news on Phys.org

Hi Alessio,

Welcome to the forum and to the world of Ansys Maxwell! I can understand that being new to both can be overwhelming, but don't worry, we've all been there. To pass a time dependent current as an input, you will need to use the "Transient Analysis" feature in Ansys Maxwell.

Here are the steps to do it:

1. Create a new project in Ansys Maxwell and import your geometry.
2. Go to the "Analysis Settings" tab and select "Transient Analysis" from the drop-down menu.
3. In the "Excitations" tab, click on "Add" and select "Time Dependent Current" from the drop-down menu.
4. Enter the desired current values for each time step.
5. Click on "Run" to start the simulation.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask for help on the forum. Good luck with your project!

1. What is "time dependent current input" in Ansys Maxwell 3D?

"Time dependent current input" refers to the process of applying an electric current that varies over time in Ansys Maxwell 3D. This allows for the simulation of dynamic electromagnetic systems and the analysis of how the currents and fields change over time.

2. How is time dependent current input applied in Ansys Maxwell 3D?

In Ansys Maxwell 3D, time dependent current input can be applied by defining a time-varying current source in the circuit editor. This current source can be set to vary in amplitude, frequency, and waveform, allowing for a wide range of dynamic current inputs to be simulated.

3. What types of systems can benefit from time dependent current input in Ansys Maxwell 3D?

Any system that involves time-varying electric currents, such as motors, generators, transformers, and circuit boards, can benefit from time dependent current input in Ansys Maxwell 3D. This allows for a more accurate and comprehensive analysis of the system's behavior over time.

4. Can time dependent current input be used in conjunction with other simulation features in Ansys Maxwell 3D?

Yes, time dependent current input can be used in conjunction with other simulation features in Ansys Maxwell 3D, such as material properties, geometry, and boundary conditions. This allows for a more realistic and detailed analysis of the system's behavior.

5. Is there a limit to the complexity of time dependent current inputs that can be simulated in Ansys Maxwell 3D?

No, there is no limit to the complexity of time dependent current inputs that can be simulated in Ansys Maxwell 3D. The software has advanced capabilities to handle complex waveforms and varying frequencies, allowing for highly accurate and detailed simulations of dynamic electromagnetic systems.