Titrimetric determination of nutrients?

In summary, the conversation discusses creating a nutrient solution for plants growing in water without soil. The solution includes MgSo4, H3Bo3, KH2So4, and K2So4, mixed in 1 L of water. The question is raised of how to calculate the amount of MgSo4 that will be absorbed by the plant in 10 days, and whether it can be measured in solid form. Another topic is the difficulty of testing each nutrient in the solution. Additionally, the conversation mentions a different nutrient solution formula for hydroponic plants and the question of how to measure the amount of each nutrient present after 15 days.
vead
Hello
I need some help. I am making nutrient solution for plant. plant are growing in water without soil
1. MgSo4 0.65 gm
2. H3Bo3 0.30 gm
3.KH2So4 0.37 gm
4. K2So4 0.45 gm

above 4 nutrients are mix in 1 L water . Plant will absorb all nutrients according their needs

How to calculate that how many MgSo4 will be absorb by Plant in 10 days ? I have to take sample of nutrient solution after 10 days. than I have to do some test

I want to ask something.
1) can we calculate how many MgSo4 will be absorb by Plant in 10 days ?
2) I am mixing all nutrients in solid form. can we calculate in solid form how many MgSo4 will be absorb by Plant in 10 days ?

Last edited:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
On a very general level if you determine the initial and final amount of Mg in the solution you will have the answer. However, I am not convinced titration will be easy, initial solution is rather diluted. You can try complexometric titration with EDTA, but it may prove challenging.

hello
Thanks for help. plant does not absorb all nutrient very fast. I want to some lab test to measure amount of nutrient present in water but I don't know to test each nutrient ?

Hydroponic nutrient sloutaion
1) Boric Acid (H3BO3): 0.028g
2) Calcium Nitrate (Ca(No3)2): 0.002 gm
3) Potassium Nitrate (KNO3): 0.075g
5) Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4):0.0 37gm
6) Magnesium Sulphate (MgSO4 * 7H2O): 0.064g
7) Sulphate of Potash (K2SO4):0.0 45gm
8) Zinc Sulphate (ZnSO4): 0.0022gm
9)Manganese Sulphate (MnSO4): 0.015g
10)Copper Sulphate (CuSO4): 0.0008gm

I don't understand how to measure amount of each nutrients present in hydroponic solutions after 15 days ?

1. What is titrimetric determination of nutrients?

Titrimetric determination of nutrients is a laboratory technique used to quantify the amount of a specific nutrient in a sample. It involves the use of a chemical reaction between the nutrient and a known reagent to determine the concentration of the nutrient in the sample.

2. What are the commonly used reagents in titrimetric determination of nutrients?

The choice of reagent depends on the nutrient being analyzed. Some commonly used reagents include EDTA for calcium and magnesium, Fehling's solution for glucose, and iodine for Vitamin C.

3. How is the endpoint of a titration determined in titrimetric determination of nutrients?

The endpoint is determined by adding the reagent to the sample until the reaction is complete. This is typically indicated by a color change, which can be detected visually or with the use of a special indicator solution.

4. What are the advantages of titrimetric determination of nutrients?

Titrimetric determination of nutrients is a well-established and accurate method for quantifying nutrients in a sample. It is also relatively simple and cost-effective compared to other analytical techniques.

5. What are the limitations of titrimetric determination of nutrients?

One limitation of titrimetric determination of nutrients is that it requires careful sample preparation and handling to avoid contamination and ensure accurate results. Additionally, this method may not be suitable for analyzing certain nutrients that do not have specific reagents available.