Toccata and Fugue - Encarta Kids 2010

• Thread starter adjacent
  • Start date
In summary, there is a YouTube video featuring a visualization of the toccata and fugue composition from the Gravis UltraSound MIDI player, which has been known for a long time and was originally posted on a forum in 2007. The video is described as more fun than computer graphics and is highly praised."
adjacent
Gold Member
Do you know of any website having toccata and fugue that's in encarta kids 2010?

Physics news on Phys.org
adjacent said:
Do you know of any website having toccata and fugue that's in encarta kids 2010?

Don't know, but this might be the kind of visualization that would appeal to some kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATbMw6X3T40

Likes 1 person
Looks like visualisation from MIDI player sold with early Gravis UltraSound cards in early nineties.

Thats very appealing to me too.Thank you so much.

adjacent said:
Thats very appealing to me too.Thank you so much.

And to me. You're welcome.

SW VandeCarr said:
And to me. You're welcome.
I've had that on another website for years, I like it too.

Evo said:
I've had that on another website for years, I like it too.
I know you knew it for a very long time. You never had a chance to say it. It seems so. :biggrin:

Last edited:
This is more fun that computer graphics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNi5MIXsEsA

AlephZero said:
This is more fun that computer graphics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNi5MIXsEsA

That is totally awesome.

Makes me think of

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "Toccata and Fugue"?

"Toccata and Fugue" is a musical composition by Johann Sebastian Bach. It is known for its complex and intricate structure, and is often considered one of Bach's masterpieces.

2. When was "Toccata and Fugue" written?

The exact date of when "Toccata and Fugue" was written is uncertain, but it is believed to have been composed around the early 1700s.

3. What is the structure of "Toccata and Fugue"?

"Toccata and Fugue" is composed of two main sections: the toccata, which is a fast and virtuosic piece, and the fugue, which is a more structured and contrapuntal piece. It also features a recurring theme throughout the composition.

4. What instruments are typically used to perform "Toccata and Fugue"?

"Toccata and Fugue" was originally written for the organ, but it has since been arranged and performed on various instruments such as the piano, harpsichord, and orchestra.

5. Why is "Toccata and Fugue" considered a significant piece of music?

"Toccata and Fugue" is considered significant because it showcases Bach's exceptional skill in composing complex and technically demanding music. It is also a prime example of Baroque music and has been widely influential in the development of classical music.