Transferring from Community College to University for EE

In summary, when considering transferring from a community college to a university for EE, it is important to check with the university about their transfer credit policies. Taking math and science courses at a community college can prepare you for an EE program. Transferring to a university for EE will not affect job prospects. It is possible to transfer without completing an associate degree, but it is usually more cost-effective to do so.
Jose Daniel
Hi guys! I just want to know if it is possible to transfer from a 2 year CC to a four year University. I want to do EE.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am sure it exists. My personal experience is they have 1 year transfer programs.

It certainly is possible. I plan on transferring from a CC to a 4 year for engineering. The standards are high, but if you maintain your GPA you'll be accepted. Which state are you from? That would help give a better idea of your options.

1. How do I know if my community college credits will transfer to a university?

It is important to check with the university you are interested in transferring to about their transfer credit policies. Most universities have a transfer credit equivalency tool on their website where you can search for your community college and see which credits will transfer and how they will transfer.

2. Are there any specific courses I should take at my community college to prepare for a transfer to a university for EE?

The best courses to take at a community college for a transfer to a university for EE are math and science courses, such as calculus, physics, and chemistry. These will prepare you for the rigorous math and science courses you will encounter in an EE program.

3. Will transferring from a community college to a university for EE affect my chances of getting a job?

No, your job prospects will not be affected by transferring from a community college to a university for EE. Employers value the skills and knowledge gained from an accredited EE program, regardless of where you completed your lower division coursework.

4. Can I transfer to a university for EE without completing an associate degree at my community college?

Yes, it is possible to transfer to a university for EE without completing an associate degree at your community college. However, it is important to check with the university you are interested in transferring to about their transfer credit policies and admission requirements.

5. Is it more cost-effective to complete an associate degree at a community college before transferring to a university for EE?

In most cases, it is more cost-effective to complete an associate degree at a community college before transferring to a university for EE. Community colleges typically have lower tuition rates and can save you money on general education courses. However, it is important to consider the transfer credit policies and admission requirements of the university you are interested in transferring to.