Triangle Area Calculation: Base 2 & 3/4, Height 4/9 | 11/18 Solution

In summary, the area of a triangle with a base of 2 & 3/4 and a height of 4/9 is 11/18 by using the formula 1/2 * (b*h). It is important to make sure the height is perpendicular to the base, rather than slanted.
rcmango

Homework Statement

area of triangle with a base of: 2 & 3/4
and a height of 4/9

Homework Equations

1/2 * (b*h)

The Attempt at a Solution

i used:
1/2*(11/4 * 4/9) = 44/72 = 22/36 = 11/18

Physics news on Phys.org
rcmango said:

Homework Statement

area of triangle with a base of: 2 & 3/4
and a height of 4/9

Homework Equations

1/2 * (b*h)

The Attempt at a Solution

i used:
1/2*(11/4 * 4/9) = 44/72 = 22/36 = 11/18
What you've done is correct given how you've described the problem. Are you just unsure about your answer? Because it's right.

Yeah, I just want to make sure I was solving these problems correctly, and I had to have a confirm :) ,thankyou!

rcmango said:
Yeah, I just want to make sure I was solving these problems correctly, and I had to have a confirm :) ,thankyou!

Just make sure the height is perpendicular (right angled) to the base. If you're taking the height as being slanted to the base, such as having an equilateral triangle with the length of a side given, you can't just say the height is the same length as the base.

Related to Triangle Area Calculation: Base 2 & 3/4, Height 4/9 | 11/18 Solution

1. What is the formula for finding the area of a triangle?

The formula for finding the area of a triangle is 1/2 * base * height. This means that you multiply the base of the triangle by its height and then divide the result by 2.

2. How do I determine the base and height of a triangle?

To determine the base and height of a triangle, you can use a ruler or measuring tape to measure the length of the base and the height. You can also use the Pythagorean theorem to find the length of the height if you know the length of the two other sides.

3. Can I use any unit of measurement to find the area of a triangle?

Yes, you can use any unit of measurement to find the area of a triangle. Just make sure that the units for the base and height are the same and that you convert them if necessary.

4. Is there a difference between finding the area of a right triangle and finding the area of an equilateral triangle?

Yes, there is a difference between finding the area of a right triangle and finding the area of an equilateral triangle. For a right triangle, you use the formula 1/2 * base * height, while for an equilateral triangle, you use the formula s^2 * sqrt(3)/4, where s is the length of one side of the triangle.

5. Can I use the same formula to find the area of any type of triangle?

No, the formula for finding the area of a triangle varies depending on the type of triangle. For example, for an isosceles triangle, you would use the formula 1/2 * base * height just like a right triangle, but for a scalene triangle, you would use Heron's formula which takes into account the length of all three sides.