Troubleshooting Autocad 2012 Installation on Win 7 PC

In summary: If that doesn't work, try updating your graphics card drivers. If the problem persists, it could be a compatibility issue with your operating system.
mech-eng
I try to install autocad 2012 in a Win 7 PC but it is stuck at this stage of 15 of 16.

autoca installation.png
autoca installation.png

I remember in the past I completed this installation in another PC and in this same PC I have installed it to Win 10.

What is the problem?

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
.Scott said:
I would reinstall the 2005 x86 redistributable package from a download:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638

You may need to remove this component and then reinstall it.

I have forgotten to say that my PC and OS is 64 bit. But how can it be x86?

Thank you.

You have one or two choices:
- 1) If the autocad application you are using has the x64 option, you can reinstall with that option - but I'll bet it doesn't.
- 2) Install the x86 redistributable package as I described. This will work in the x64 environment.

I have downloaded it but it gives an error when tried to be installed. How can I do this now so that I can try to re-install Autocad?

redist error.png

Thank you.

.Scott said:
You have one or two choices:
- 1) If the autocad application you are using has the x64 option, you can reinstall with that option - but I'll bet it doesn't.
- 2) Install the x86 redistributable package as I described. This will work in the x64 environment.

In the program's folder there are lots of subfolders but there is setup file with name setup. There is no info when I run it if the program is 64 bit or 32 bit. But there are two folders as well: x86 and x64. Content of these two folders are just the same and it seems there is not setup file but a windows installer file.

What should I do now to be sure I install 64 bit version?

Thank you.

As I understand you:
- 1) There are two folders x86 and x64, but only one setup file.
- 2) When you run that file, it does not give you an x86/x64 option.
- 3) It asks for the x86 redistributable.

Based on this, I would guess that even the x64 version requires the x86 redistributable. It could be that they have only created an x64 version of those part of the package that will benefit from it.

Why does command line syntax error appears when I try to install redustributable?

Thank you.

There is a problem again about directx.

autocad direct x istiyor.png

But I have directx 11

dx.png

I have already installed SP 1. What is the problem now?

Thank you.

Attachments

• dx.png
    dx.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 536
Try reinstalling directx.

1. Why won't Autocad 2012 install on my Windows 7 PC?

There could be several reasons why Autocad 2012 is not installing on your Windows 7 PC. Some possible causes include incompatible system requirements, corrupted installation files, or conflicts with other software on your computer. It is also possible that your computer does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for Autocad 2012.

2. How can I check if my computer meets the system requirements for Autocad 2012?

To check if your computer meets the system requirements for Autocad 2012, you can visit the official Autocad website or refer to the system requirements listed in the installation guide. You can also use the Windows System Information tool to check your computer's hardware specifications.

3. What should I do if the installation process freezes or crashes?

If the installation process freezes or crashes, try restarting your computer and attempting the installation again. If the issue persists, check for any error messages and try troubleshooting the issue using the Autocad support website or contacting their customer support team for further assistance.

4. Can I install Autocad 2012 on a 64-bit Windows 7 PC?

Yes, Autocad 2012 is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7. However, make sure to download and install the correct version of Autocad for your operating system.

5. How can I ensure a successful installation of Autocad 2012 on my Windows 7 PC?

To ensure a successful installation of Autocad 2012 on your Windows 7 PC, make sure to meet the minimum system requirements, close any other running programs, and have a stable internet connection. It is also recommended to temporarily disable your antivirus software during the installation process to avoid any conflicts. If you encounter any issues, refer to the installation guide or contact Autocad support for assistance.