Trying Coffee-Flavored Coca-Cola: A Disgusting Experience

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Experience
In summary: This is not a product meant for kids, but I'm not sure why Coke would put coffee in it. I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be a drink, it's more like a snack.This is not a product meant for kids, but I'm not sure why Coke would put coffee in it. I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be a drink, it's more like a snack.In summary, Coca Cola has come out with a coffee-flavored version of their popular Coca-cola beverage. The drink is vile and disgusting, and I can't imagine drinking it. I'm glad it's not just me who thinks this way, and I'm worried
They are treating it as an energy drink... Compare the prices and you will see.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have an espresso machine and I have a BIG mug of unsweetend black espresso every morning, then I'm pretty much good for the day. I don't do soft drinks or commercial juices at all, and only occasionally have an additional coffee during the day. Since Coke stopped being made with cane sugar, I have not been able to stomach it - it's just gross! I can't imagine drinking corn-syrup Coke combined with coffee - just the thought of it makes me cringe.

Math Is Hard said:
Oh, what a disgusting, vile concoction! I tried this the other day, not even knowing anything about the product or what it was supposed to taste like. I couldn't spit it out fast enough!

Turns out it's coffee-flavored Coca-cola.
bleeeeccchhh!

http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20051207_corporate_blak.html

ummmm for the record I thought it was pretty damn good...

just worthless as an energy drink IMO

I'm not sure why, but I think I was actually considering trying this odd drink. Not anymore!

I remember when I tried this, this tasted like crap...

Did you know Coke tastes different in different places around the globe? I've tried US Coke (you can actually find imported Coke if you really look for some) and it's noticably sweeter than what we drink here, which is very tangy.

Sounds gorgeous, when can I get some?!

Yonoz, you should read Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure. He accompanies a Californian dude who drives over to Mexico to bring some Coke back, because it tastes nicer apparently.

Anyway, even Coke from the same factory can taste different depending on what container it's in. Obviously glass bottles provide the freshest taste, with cans coming a reasonable second. 2L plastic bottles keep it pretty well, but you start to lose some freshness, and the 500ml bottled Coke is horrible. And then there's the stuff you get on draught from Mc Donalds which is a whole different kettle of Coke.

I've tried it a few day ago and it wasn't that bad. It actually tasted like coffee crip. I felt like I was drinking liquid coffee crisp.

Sometimes I fill my coffee mug with coke and there always a bit of epresso left a the bottom. The mix is pretty decent.

brewnog said:
Sounds gorgeous, when can I get some?!
Well I could send some but your DoHS will probably blow it up en route.

brewnog said:
Yonoz, you should read Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure. He accompanies a Californian dude who drives over to Mexico to bring some Coke back, because it tastes nicer apparently.
Will look out for that book. I really wanted to taste the coke in India when I was there but it was just uncovered that Coca Cola there used contaminated water. :frown: I was already hooked on that mango drink they have there anyways.

brewnog said:
Anyway, even Coke from the same factory can taste different depending on what container it's in. Obviously glass bottles provide the freshest taste, with cans coming a reasonable second. 2L plastic bottles keep it pretty well, but you start to lose some freshness, and the 500ml bottled Coke is horrible. And then there's the stuff you get on draught from Mc Donalds which is a whole different kettle of Coke.
Yeah it's not really an exact science, especially those taps - some places don't even bother calibrating those to get anything resembling bottled Coke. I try to stay off soft drinks anyway, they make me consume more sugar in general.

Ivan Seeking said:
Oh, what are you all whining about. At least they don't put cocaine in it any more.

Now where did I put my coffee w/7-UP? :biggrin:

Hmm... I thought you used milk...

Guess I'll have to make sure that we have some 7-up on hand next time you come over...

Should I just make the coffee with 7-up or do you add it later?

Yonoz said:
Did you know Coke tastes different in different places around the globe? I've tried US Coke (you can actually find imported Coke if you really look for some) and it's noticably sweeter than what we drink here, which is very tangy.

Yeah, Coke in Europe tastes so much better :mad: Last time I went to visit some family in Poland, I drank a LOT of Coke :redface:

Over the summer, I was at a Mexican restaurant near the border and ordered a pepsi. The pepsi was imported from Mexico, so it sweetened with sugar cane! :!) :!) :!)

Anyway, coke in other countries just has so much more flavor and also has a nice scent.

moose said:
Anyway, coke in other countries just has so much more flavor and also has a nice scent.
Heh, it's like Australians and Foster's.

moose said:
Yeah, Coke in Europe tastes so much better :mad: Last time I went to visit some family in Poland, I drank a LOT of Coke :redface:
I agree. When I was in Poland, many years ago, but after Coke changed their formula in the US, I was thrilled to discover it was still being bottled with the old formula in Poland...or at least something very similar to it. It reminded me of getting to visit my grandparents as a kid, because they would spoil me and give me a glass of Coke with meals, which wasn't at all allowed at home (it was milk or go thirsty at home). That was back in the days when you couldn't tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, and both tasted way better than they do now. :smile:

Years ago, I was working as a consultant for a WestVaCo mill in Wickliffe, Kentucky and stayed in Paducah (the nearest town with hotels and diners) and while prowling the pawn shops and music stores on the weekends I made a friend (young guy who loved the intersection between country and blues) and he tipped me to something. The RC cola in that district was bottled by a man whose mother just couldn't stomach the corn syrup, so he stuck with real cane sugar. I have never been a fan of RC (too thin), but it was WAY better than Coke and Pepsi sweetened with corn syrup.