Trying Coffee-Flavored Coca-Cola: A Disgusting Experience

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Experience
In summary: This is not a product meant for kids, but I'm not sure why Coke would put coffee in it. I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be a drink, it's more like a snack.This is not a product meant for kids, but I'm not sure why Coke would put coffee in it. I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be a drink, it's more like a snack.In summary, Coca Cola has come out with a coffee-flavored version of their popular Coca-cola beverage. The drink is vile and disgusting, and I can't imagine drinking it. I'm glad it's not just me who thinks this way, and I'm worried
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh, what a disgusting, vile concoction! I tried this the other day, not even knowing anything about the product or what it was supposed to taste like. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: I couldn't spit it out fast enough!

Turns out it's coffee-flavored Coca-cola.
bleeeeccchhh!

http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20051207_corporate_blak.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm surprised they don't just sell amphetamines in water

I like coke and coffee but I can't imagine putting them together that's just gross.

cronxeh said:
I'm surprised they don't just sell amphetamines in water
I am sure they would if they could get away with it.:bugeye:

I like coke and coffee but I can't imagine putting them together that's just gross.
No doubt! It totally reminds me of the "I'll eat or drink anything for a dollar guy" in high school. We used to make up some really gross combinations out of our lunch leftovers to challenge him with. Coke and coffee would have definitely been the type of thing we would mix up for him. :yuck:

Math Is Hard said:
Oh, what a disgusting, vile concoction! I tried this the other day, not even knowing anything about the product or what it was supposed to taste like. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: I couldn't spit it out fast enough!

bleeeeccchhh!

Ewwwww. :yuck:

I tried some too, and I must admit, if it were the last thing on the world to drink...I would drink it again. Please God, don't let it come to that.

More on Coke Blak:
http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/coke/stories/0404bizblak.html
That research found an untapped market: an energy booster for adults ages 30 to 50. After testing ideas with consumers, executives decided to merge Coke with either an energy drink or coffee. The company experimented with formulations for both before deciding on a coffee-cola fusion.
Who's idiot niece or nephew has been put in charge at Coca Cola? What a moronic idea. :mad:

Hypatia and Evo, I am glad it is not just me that finds this horrifying. I know they rolled Blak out in France first. I wonder what the French thought about it? Je vais googler "blak" et "dégueulasse"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Eeeeeeeewwwwwww! :yuck: I cannot imagine coffee and cola together. I had Coke, then coffee today, but they most certainly should not have been served in the same cup at the same time. :yuck:

Both are disgusting enough on their own, dontcha think?

- Warren

I had tried it over a friend's house, and I don't think it's too bad. I don't think I'd buy it myself, but some energy drinks out there are surely worse... I think it might be an acquired taste, you know?

Tastes HORRIBLE. I actually bought a 4 pack, thinking it will taste good... BLEH

It doesn't taste like coffee AT ALL!

Moonbear said:
Eeeeeeeewwwwwww! :yuck: I cannot imagine coffee and cola together. I had Coke, then coffee today, but they most certainly should not have been served in the same cup at the same time. :yuck:
It's really a perverse combination!

Not when you're a caffeine addict like me.

I had tried it over a friend's house, and I don't think it's too bad. I don't think I'd buy it myself, but some energy drinks out there are surely worse... I think it might be an acquired taste, you know?
Just out of curiosity, are you in the under 30 or over 30 crowd? When I tried it I thought, ew! this is so sweet, maybe they are targeting kids with this product and that's why I find it so yucky. But nope, quite the opposite - they are marketing Blak to a 30-50 year old demographic, and I am right in there. I should be lapping the stuff up.

moose said:
Tastes HORRIBLE. I actually bought a 4 pack, thinking it will taste good... BLEH

It doesn't taste like coffee AT ALL!

They had the 4 packs in the stores last week, but it was so expensive, there was no way I would commit to buying that many. The singles came out, so I said, OK, I'll try just one. Glad I didn't buy that 4 pack now.

Math Is Hard said:
IJust out of curiosity, are you in the under 30 or over 30 crowd? When I tried it I thought, ew! this is so sweet, maybe they are targeting kids with this product and that's why I find it so yucky. But nope, quite the opposite - they are marketing Blak to a 30-50 year old demographic, and I am right in there. I should be lapping the stuff up.
Well, you can't really admit you're selling something super-caffeinated to kids, can you? It'll probably find its market on college campuses during final exams when students are pulling all nighters and will drink anything if it will keep them awake.

This sounds terrible, but I'll try it...

Moonbear said:
Well, you can't really admit you're selling something super-caffeinated to kids, can you? It'll probably find its market on college campuses during final exams when students are pulling all nighters and will drink anything if it will keep them awake.

lol, the three I have left will probably be put into use in the next week or so :grumpy:

If this thing will keep me awake, I just may be almost happy about buying it...

chroot said:

- Warren

i'm going to have to agree. both are pretty much acquired tastes, so i'd imagine that combined there'd be a good deal more acquiring necessary.

Gale said:
i'm going to have to agree. both are pretty much acquired tastes, so i'd imagine that combined there'd be a good deal more acquiring necessary.
Especially since even those of us who already have acquired the taste for each individually still wouldn't touch that concoction with a 10 foot pole!

If it came out recently, then it is just in time for my finals. Sounds like it will be more the taste that will keep me awake than the caffene.

theCandyman said:
If it came out recently, then it is just in time for my finals. Sounds like it will be more the taste that will keep me awake than the caffene.
:yuck: Oh, just imagine, since it's Coke, every time you burp, you'll taste it again, and you're guaranteed to burp at least a few times if you drink it. :yuck:

I couldn't find it at the grocery store :grumpy: so I had to settle for a Wild Berry Dr. Pepper

yomamma, Frys should have them.

yomamma said:
I couldn't find it at the grocery store :grumpy: so I had to settle for a Wild Berry Dr. Pepper

That doesn't sound very good either :yuck:

Math Is Hard said:

bleeeeccchhh!

Its really weird. I didn't think it was bad but I definitely refuse to drink it. It gave me a strong urge to drink more, like it was liquid crack or something. Normal coke, and normal espresso for me please.

Last edited:
I'm holding out for the caffeine free Coke Blak.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I'm holding out for the caffeine free Coke Blak.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BLASPHEMER!

Caffeine is the new ambrosia, don't you know that?

Why all the , EWWWWWing, it sounds good to me, i will have one of those
mythical yank gallon cups please, i need energy.

Coke + Coffee? Gez why don't they just inject caffine right in your veins. Then, again it still probably doesn't have as much caffine as Mountain Dew. One can is the equvalent of 5 cups of coffee!

Oh, what are you all whining about. At least they don't put cocaine in it any more.

Now where did I put my coffee w/7-UP? :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Oh, what are you all whining about. At least they don't put cocaine in it any more.

Now where did I put my coffee w/7-UP? :biggrin:

Didn't 7-up used to contain lithium? Or is that just a rumor?

I think that was just mom's special treat for you Math. :tongue2:

Ivan Seeking said:
I think that was just mom's special treat for you Math. :tongue2:
oh, har d har har, Ivan! :grumpy:

*that's not true is it, Evo? Moonbear?*:redface:

coke blak, I think "blak" (blech) is what you say after tasting it.

Oh, and MIH, yeah, mom saved the lithium for you. At least you got coke. :cry:

It was my back hair, wasn't it? :frown:

Evo said:
It was my back hair, wasn't it? :frown:
Please be careful. I can't explain to you how much this image arouses a zoobie.

blak

Wow, I guess I must be in a very small minority; I actually like this stuff !

Just wanted to ask people in other states (I'm in NC); one 4-pack of 8-oz. bottles costs $ 5.40 ! here. Is it that ridiculously expensive elsewhere or is that just an aberration ? What in the world makes a soda with some coffee flavoring that expensive ? What are they thinking ?...not all of us are millionaires ! :mad: :mad: