Trying to bring up a new Micro CT scanner -- does anyone knows what's causing this?

• Thread starter MarkTheQuark
  • Start date
MarkTheQuark
So, my lab started doing some MicroCT scans, and they designed me to learn and try to solve some problems. The first issue that I noticed by doing some research both in some papers and in the manual from Bruker, it's that they tried to quantify the "BMD" without using the Phantom rods. So they did the scan for the phantom.

But now, everytime I try to reconstruct the phantom scan on the NRecon, it shows the message in the image linked on the post.

Does anyone knows what is causing this or how to fix this issue?

Attachments

• Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-08-14 à(s) 10.17.48.jpg
    Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-08-14 à(s) 10.17.48.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 50
Biology news on Phys.org
It appears you've selected too small an angle ie < 7.5 degrees so the process failed to generate a data file needed for the next process. That process failed when it couldn't find the file.

I would contact the Bruker company about the error or look on their website to see if they have answered the same question using the error text as part of your search.

10 SERVICE AND SUPPORT

The SkyScan 1272 scanner is designed as a maintenance-free instrument and doesn’t require any
periodical service.

New versions of control software and all associated program packages supplied with your scanner may
be available for download in the “Software Updates” section of the Bruker microCT website:

http://www.bruker-microct.com/products/downloads.htm.

In the case of any problem please contact your local distributor. A list of distributors is available at:

http://www.bruker-microct/company/distributors.htm.

1. What are the common issues faced when setting up a new Micro CT scanner?

Common issues include calibration errors, software installation problems, hardware connectivity issues, and incorrect parameter settings. Ensuring that all components are correctly assembled and that the software is properly installed and configured is crucial.

2. How can I troubleshoot connectivity problems with a Micro CT scanner?

To troubleshoot connectivity issues, check all physical connections such as cables and ports for any damage or improper connection. Also, ensure that the scanner is correctly configured to communicate with your computer or network. Updating or reinstalling drivers can also resolve connectivity issues.

3. Why might calibration errors occur with a new Micro CT scanner?

Calibration errors can occur due to improper initial setup, environmental factors such as temperature and humidity, or incorrect input of calibration data. It is important to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for calibration closely and to perform calibration in a controlled environment.

4. What should I check if the image quality from a new Micro CT scanner is poor?

Poor image quality can be due to several factors including incorrect scanning parameters, calibration issues, or hardware defects. Check the resolution settings, ensure proper calibration, and inspect the scanner for any physical defects. Additionally, consulting the manufacturer's documentation for optimal scanning parameters can be helpful.

5. How do I update the software or firmware of a Micro CT scanner?

To update the software or firmware, refer to the manufacturer's instructions. Typically, this involves downloading the latest software or firmware version from the manufacturer's website and applying the update via a connected computer. Ensure that the scanner is not in use during the update process to avoid any interruptions or data loss.