Unable to find account deletion?

• Thread starter Deleted member 690984
  • Start date
In summary, if you would like your account and posts deleted, you can request it from the moderators or administrators. Otherwise, the best option is to change your password to a random combination of characters to effectively lock yourself out.
Deleted member 690984
How do I delete my account?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can't.

Your posts are a matter of record, and property of PF. Removing them harms the integrity and readability of the site.

You could ask the mods if they would ban you.

If you really want to never come back, change your password to something random.

• You can't ever delete the messages.
  • You can just stop coming. If you don;t have the discipline for that, change the password to 100 random characters and that will pretty much do it.
  • If that's not enough, you can ask a Mentor to lock you out. Expect this to be irreversable.

Likes DaveC426913
DaveC426913 said:
You can't.
Well that seems rather creepy that people have no control over their account.

Likes AlexB23
However, I am a citizen of the UK, which still adheres to GDPR law. Under that law, I can request the site delete my information and anonymise any posts I have made. The site's own privacy statement outlines this.

Likes AlexB23

1. Why am I unable to find the option to delete my account?

The option to delete an account may not be available for all websites or platforms. Some websites may not offer the option to delete an account, while others may require you to contact customer support to request account deletion.

2. How do I permanently delete my account?

The process for permanently deleting an account varies depending on the website or platform. In most cases, you can find the option to delete your account in the settings or account management section. If you are unable to find this option, you may need to contact customer support for further assistance.

3. What happens to my data when I delete my account?

When you delete your account, your personal data and information associated with the account will typically be permanently removed from the website or platform. However, it is always a good idea to review the website's privacy policy or terms of service to understand how your data will be handled.

4. Can I recover my account after deleting it?

In most cases, once an account is deleted, it cannot be recovered. It is important to carefully consider if you want to permanently delete your account before proceeding with the deletion process.

5. Is there a way to temporarily deactivate my account instead of permanently deleting it?

Some websites or platforms may offer the option to temporarily deactivate your account instead of permanently deleting it. This means that your account will be hidden from other users, but you can reactivate it at any time by logging back in. If this option is not available, you may need to contact customer support for further assistance.