UofT EngSci Admission Risks: Am I at Risk of Losing My Offer?

• Thread starter RedAlert
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Uoft
In summary: If you have an average of 93.6% or higher, then you are likely to be accepted into the EngSci program at UofT. However, if your final average is lower than this, then you may be at risk of losing your offer. Additionally, it is common for students to drop a few percent in average by the end of the year. If your final average is still within the requirements of the offer, then you will be accepted.
RedAlert
Hello,

This question is mainly aimed at those people who have a good idea of UofT's admission processes, especially for Engineering:

I got into the EngSci program at UofT (I was very happy when I received the offer), but now I'm afraid I'm probably going to end up losing my offer. You see, my midterm marks had an average of 93.6%, and based on those marks, I was given a conditional offer of admission. My final marks though, will be abour 3-4% lower, because I bombed Calculus (I ended up getting on my teacher's evil side). Most of my other marks have remained the same, if not gone up higher. I'm still well within the requirements of the conditional offer.

I've read on some other forums that if a lot more people with a higher average than you accept, then you're at risk of getting your offer revoked.

So, is this really true, and am I at risk of getting revoked?

Physics news on Phys.org
Which UofT? Texas? Tennessee? Toronto? Tampa? Timbuktu?

You won't get revoked.

University of Toronto

Also, how do you know I won't get revoked makethings?

You were given a conditional offer and you met their conditions and accepted. You have a seat. It's that simple. People with higher averages than you would also have their own offer and those people may have accepted their offer. When the university sends out an offer they're prepared to accommodate you.

Secondly, it is rather common to drop a few percent in average by the end of the year. Some would say midterm marks are inflated to help students get into their choice of university. But whatever the case may be, a drop in a few percent, especially if it is only in one course, is no big deal.

RedAlert said:
I'm still well within the requirements of the conditional offer.

Surely this is the only thing that matters; if you have met the conditions of the offer, then you will be accepted.

RedAlert said:
University of Toronto

Also, how do you know I won't get revoked makethings?

If you GET an offer, it won't get revoked. I study at UofT mississauga

makethings said:
You were given a conditional offer and you met their conditions and accepted. You have a seat. It's that simple. People with higher averages than you would also have their own offer and those people may have accepted their offer. When the university sends out an offer they're prepared to accommodate you.

Secondly, it is rather common to drop a few percent in average by the end of the year. Some would say midterm marks are inflated to help students get into their choice of university. But whatever the case may be, a drop in a few percent, especially if it is only in one course, is no big deal.

co-sign

Yup your in. Learn some multivariable calc before you start, and review your trig =)

Haha, nice!

I'm really happy about this. It feels good to be certain, and not stressed out about this.

RedAlert said:
not stressed out about this.

... which is bad thing :rofl:

Funny thing is, if you are nitpicking about a loss of few percent now, you will cry bloody murder after your first year when you can lose a whole lot more. To the point where some 90+ avg. high school kid can struggle to get a 60 in engsci. GOOD LUCK :D

Oh no, I'm not freaking out about my marks...I'm freaking out about my admission getting revoked. Two different things I think.

I've already know that in university, I'm not getting the 90% averages I got in high school...and I'm fine with it.

I have applied to the Engineering Science program at U of T too.
I am currently doing my Maths, Physics and Chemistry A-levels. I got an A in Maths, Physics and Chemistry and a B in Biology in my AS-level. Also all my marks at the O level are As. As for extra ciriculiar activities nothing worth mentioning. can anyone give me an idea of my chances of getting accepted?

What is UofT EngSci Admission Risks?

UofT EngSci Admission Risks refers to the potential risks that students may face after receiving an offer of admission to the University of Toronto's Engineering Science program. These risks include failing to meet academic requirements, not submitting required documents, and not completing prerequisite courses.

Am I at risk of losing my offer if I don't meet the academic requirements?

Yes, if you do not meet the academic requirements stated in your offer of admission, you may be at risk of losing your offer. The University of Toronto has strict academic standards and reserves the right to revoke offers if students do not meet these requirements.

What happens if I fail to submit required documents?

If you fail to submit required documents by the deadline stated in your offer of admission, your offer may be revoked. It is important to carefully review the list of required documents and ensure that all of them are submitted on time.

Do I need to complete prerequisite courses to keep my offer?

Yes, you are required to complete all prerequisite courses as outlined in your offer of admission. Failure to complete these courses may result in the revocation of your offer.

What can I do to minimize the risks of losing my offer?

To minimize the risks of losing your offer, it is important to carefully read and understand all requirements outlined in your offer of admission. Make sure to meet all academic requirements, submit required documents on time, and complete all prerequisite courses. If you encounter any challenges or difficulties, it is important to communicate with the university and seek assistance as soon as possible.