Up for Auction PF Member Faux Auction

• Thread starter edward
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary: LA spare tire. Modestly sized, but still young-ish and full of potential. Already perfectly obscuring all signs of the once-proud Six-Pack underneath. With proper nurture can grow in girth and prominence. In summary, the item you would most like to get rid of here on the PF FAUX auction is the LA spare tire.
edward said:
And the price is still just $166.88
I'm getting very close to taking you up on that offer, if you'll pay the shipping. (In my experience, that will be about $14,000 for your lot.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
I'm getting very close to taking you up on that offer, if you'll pay the shipping. (In my experience, that will be about $14,000 for your lot.)

There is an online company called uship that puts people in touch with shippers. It appears to be independent truckers bidding for loads online. It reminds me of that Shipping Wars TV show. I was actually looking online at small tractors in other states and it is possible to ship one but not for under a thousand bucks or so.

I could always get a new John Deere sub compact fully loaded with all the bells and whistles for about $23,000. <(@^@)> It looks like I need to list my next faux auction item.

Did you ever wish that you owned your own caboose? Just think, you could imagine that you have been working on the railroad all the livelong day. You could just sit and look at it and drink a cold beer. Rural folks, even city folks could keep a couple of chickens in it. There are a lot of uses for this caboose. Bear in mind that it has been out in the hot Arizona sun and it has shrunk down a bit from full size. It is not exactly guaranteed by Good Housekeeping, but at a starting bid of only $300 how could you go wrong?

oqg4ft.jpg

Likes RonL
edward said:
Did you ever wish that you owned your own caboose? Just think, you could imagine that you have been working on the railroad all the livelong day. You could just sit and look at it and drink a cold beer. Rural folks, even city folks could keep a couple of chickens in it. There are a lot of uses for this caboose. Bear in mind that it has been out in the hot Arizona sun and it has shrunk down a bit from full size. It is not exactly guaranteed by Good Housekeeping, but at a starting bid of only $300 how could you go wrong?

oqg4ft.jpg

I could get some advise from Lisab about hitch-hiking to your place, then ride the mower pulling the caboose back to Texas, (I would have to watch that Tom Hanks movie again to refresh my mind) o0) what kinda fuel mileage does it get ? :rolleyes:
Guess they only do that in the movies, what a trip :D

RonL said:
I could get some advise from Lisab about hitch-hiking to your place, then ride the mower pulling the caboose back to Texas, (I would have to watch that Tom Hanks movie again to refresh my mind) o0) what kinda fuel mileage does it get ? :rolleyes:
Guess they only do that in the movies, what a trip :D

I think having to drive the little rig on the interstate highways would be the big problem. I remember driving the old route 66 all the way back to the Mississippi river when the road was still intact. We miss so much of the country now and don't even realize it.

And now a little railroad entertainment to get bidders in the mood, or most likely not.

Likes RonL and Danger
edward said:
I think having to drive the little rig on the interstate highways would be the big problem. I remember driving the old route 66 all the way back to the Mississippi river when the road was still intact. We miss so much of the country now and don't even realize it.
It's taken a while to get the scale into my brain, but I'm going to make a wild guess and ask if the coil springs under the caboose came from a Chevy 283 or 327 V8 ? :)

edward said:
Don't miss out on the opportunity to get the tractor, the scraper/grader, and the NASA style super scooper. BUT WAIT ! act now and I will ad this magnificent 1977 Montgomery Wards garden tiller in like new condition. It had a new engine only 15 years ago and it comes complete with a free, and at no cost to you, can of starting fluid because that sucker is really hard to get started. final price just $166.88.

33w9vty.jpg

If you need a twin for the tiller I have it oo) not in working condition, but the original engine (anything can be reconditioned :rolleyes: right ?).
I guess we are both at the getting rid of STUFF part of our lives :D

RonL said:
If you need a twin for the tiller I have it oo) not in working condition, but the original engine (anything can be reconditioned :rolleyes: right ?).
I guess we are both at the getting rid of STUFF part of our lives :D

Sure you can rebuild the old tiller engines. I have one that I am working on that is rare. It is just like the one I have except it is eight horse power and has four speeds. Now If I can just get it all back together.

I had been getting rid of a lot of "stuff" , but about a year ago I restarted a project that I had given up on about five years ago.

I kept that old tiller around because the newer ones are junk. Those old worn tines can still kick out a rock the size of a softball. The instructions with the newer garden tillers recommend avoiding soil that may have rocks.

Upgraded; for a limited time only, and chance of a lifetime deal on the red caboose. Buy now and I will include a hummingbird feeder with one humming bird if I can catch it.

346klsw.jpg

edward said:
I kept that old tiller around because the newer ones are junk. Those old worn tines can still kick out a rock the size of a softball. The instructions with the newer garden tillers recommend avoiding soil that may have rocks.

I have held onto mine because of the worm drive, I think that is why it throws the big rocks out so well, gives the wrists a hard workout:D

edward said:
with one humming bird if I can catch it.
I don't recommend the attempt. Those little buggers are nasty. They're incredibly fast, fly backward and sideways as well as forward, and have terrible tempers. They use their beaks like swords. Males regularly fight, often to the death, over feeding or mating rights.

In my backyard at night, when I lived back east, the only way that I could tell for sure if the thing flying around was a hummingbird or a Junebug was that Junebugs don't dive-bomb people. (The birds go for your eyes.)

OK then so the humming bird idea was a bummer. I just went to the back office and talked to the sales manger. He said if anyone wants to buy the caboose tonight I can include this vary rare solar lighted rain gauge.

wb9oyh.jpg

Last edited:
I can now, and for a short time only, add this atypical tricycle to the deal. Don't be left out and don't settle for cheap fake imitations. I have documentation that Too Tall Jones rode this tricycle until his sophomore year in high school. A caboose in your backyard will increase the value of your property. Some landlords offer free rent to people who own a caboose.
The price including state and federal tax is now just $29.99

29zoute.jpg

It doesn't matter if you never heard of Too Tall Jones it is still the deal of a lifetime. All sales final, product not available in Idaho and North Dakota.

The young(ish) troglodyte living in my basement. I'll pay you.

edward said:
I can include this vary rare solar lighted rain gauge.
I hate to disillusion you, but that isn't really anything new. All of my stuff is solar lighted (in daytime).

Damn! I left my $25,000,000 in my other pants. :oldgrumpy:

Danger said:
Damn! I left my $25,000,000 in my other pants. :oldgrumpy:

Your lucky I don't even have any other pants.

I need to sell that caboose, and as Rodney Dangerfield would say; "This is a tough crowd".

So here is the current deal approved by corporate headquarters in Hoboken, New Jersey.

You get the caboose, the hummingbird feeder (minus the hummingbird because they are dangerous), the solar lighted rain gauge, and now due to an oversupply at the warehouse; a second caboose plus two carpet samples and a ball that has been chewed up by a vicious dog.

4gitdj.jpg

Likes OmCheeto
RonL said:
I have held onto mine because of the worm drive, I think that is why it throws the big rocks out so well, gives the wrists a hard workout:D

Yep the gear boxes in the newer tillers are just stamped steel. I have started wearing braces on my wrists when I run that thing by hand. If I have enough room to work I hook it up behind the tractor. That will show those expensive counter rotating tine rigs a thing or two.

I need some emoticons where is every one getting them?

edward said:
Yep the gear boxes in the newer tillers are just stamped steel. I have started wearing braces on my wrists when I run that thing by hand. If I have enough room to work I hook it up behind the tractor. That will show those expensive counter rotating tine rigs a thing or two.

I need some emoticons where is every one getting them?
Ask Evo :D, there were lots of PF birthday parties in 2008 and earlier, dancing bananas and lots of other action figures :rolleyes:

DaveC426913 said:
The young(ish) troglodyte living in my basement. I'll pay you.
Sorry, I have an elderly feline felion living in my basement -- she won't share her space. I'm lucky she let's me come down there to do laundry.

lisab said:
Sorry, I have an elderly feline felion living in my basement -- she won't share her space. I'm lucky she let's me come down there to do laundry.
Oh and btw, the felion is not up for auction. Not even a faux auction!

lisab said:
Oh and btw, the felion is not up for auction. Not even a faux auction!

Your felion might really enjoy living in a caboose.:D

When Toby the snoodle barks too much he gets an involuntary stay in the caboose.

1058kxz.jpg

I've heard some weird breed names before, but what the hell is a "snoodle"? Sounds like fast-food pasta.

edit: I just checked... :bugeye: As Om would say, do not Google that!

The dog originally belonged to my daughter-in-law. Toby barks at everything that moves which made him a misfit at an apartment complex. That mutt has been a real challenge to train. The first time I took him outside for a taste of freedom he chased a garbage truck down the street. The caboose has been his time out space when he misbehaves.

The cabooses are actually toy boxes that were sold by JC Penny during Christmas of 1973.

edward said:
The cabooses are actually toy boxes that were sold by JC Penny during Christmas of 1973.
Sounds wrong. Shouldn't that be "cabeese"?

Likes Medicol
The caboose was just purchased by Google. They want to put it in one of their floating structures and put hidden cameras in it.

The next item up for the faux auction is a beautiful 1929 model A Ford roadster pedal car. This car is what we call in the trade "barn fresh" The car has very low mileage because it was originally owned by Michael Jordan and he was too big for it by age three. Don't wait, don't hesitate and by all means do not procrastinate on this item. The buy it now price is a low low $4,168, but bidding starts at just $49,99

a9v9qw.jpg

Last edited:
Likes Medicol and OmCheeto
Jonathan Scott said:

I thought about that Jonathan:D

Jonathan Scott said:
I know, right? Likewise, more than one moose should be meese. And since the plural of mouse is mice, the plural of spouse should be spice.

Likes Jonathan Scott, edward and Medicol
It looks like I need something to get bidders motivated. I have a genuine tire from a full size 1929 model A Ford. I had been saving it to make a tire swing for my grandson.

The tree it was supposed to hang from isn't quite tall enough yet and my 13 year old grandson says that he would rather have another Ap for his cell phone.

Are you in a rut? Do you feel like life is passing you by? Get out of that rut and enjoy life again with a pedal car and a tire swing. (tree not included) This is a rare one time offer. Bid now and Bid often.

This product is not found in stores. This product can not be shipped to Canada. Ok I will make an exception for PF members who live in Canada.

214yxys.jpg

edward said:
Ok I will make an exception for PF members who live in Canada.
I appreciate that consideration, but I already have one.