Very low voltage AC Mains supply damage TV

In summary, you need a relay to disconnect power to your TV when the voltage falls below a certain level.
mubashir
my electric supply company some time supply very low voltage which cause damage/burn out my Tv three time
do you know any sort of device which disconnect power supply to my Tv and my Tv un harm from low voltage my electric company uses 220 volt supply or british system.

please help me

Engineering news on Phys.org
If "Voltages fluctuations" is the actual problem that you are facing, then it is better to go with a "Stabilizer" or voltage stabilizer is what actually you call.

The simple solution is to buy a relay that - when activated by hand - can just keep the contacts closed if the voltage is above say 210V.

Something like this:
upload_2015-6-23_18-36-48.png

Just adjust the value of the capacitor C so that the relay will be released by too low voltage.
You must "restart" the system by pressing down the contact by hand. You can buy some button as for this, to keep up safety.

A UPS will do this as well. Plus you get to keep watching TV when the power goes wobbly.

BoB

Last edited:
Likes berkeman
dear Hesch,
do you know the actual name of this device or it is simply i ask to shop keeper to provide me under/over voltage relay protection switch please kindly tell me
thank you

mubashir said:
it is simply i ask to shop keeper to provide me under/over voltage relay protection switch
Yes.
I think that the model in #5 is for 600V as the reference voltage, but of course they have other models for 115V and 220V as well ( factory tuned ).
In the link in #5 there are buttons/links like "where to buy", "questions" and so on.
Alternative you can consult an electrician. Maybe he has a relay in stock, that fits your voltage ( 220V ), or he can provide one.

The suggestion in #5 was just an example, there are a lot of undervoltage protection relays, some are more expensive ( with display and everything ), some are cheaper, as the one I suggested ( I think ).

To find alternatives, you can start here: https://www.google.dk/search?q=unde...-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=DiuNVeqLIYT7UKuwgaAP

The electrician can easily make some box, wherein to mount the relay, so that the installation will be safe and keeps to law.

1. What causes very low voltage AC mains supply damage to a TV?

Very low voltage AC mains supply can damage a TV due to power fluctuations, power surges, or insufficient voltage. It can also be caused by faulty wiring or a damaged power supply unit.

2. How can I protect my TV from very low voltage AC mains supply damage?

One way to protect your TV from very low voltage AC mains supply damage is to use a voltage stabilizer or surge protector. These devices regulate the voltage and protect your TV from sudden fluctuations.

3. What are the signs of very low voltage AC mains supply damage to a TV?

The signs of very low voltage AC mains supply damage to a TV may include flickering or dimming of the screen, distorted images, or loss of audio. In some cases, the TV may not turn on at all.

4. Can very low voltage AC mains supply damage be repaired?

In most cases, yes. If the damage is caused by a power surge, a fuse or circuit breaker may have been tripped and can be replaced. However, if the damage is extensive, it may be more cost-effective to replace the TV.

5. How can I prevent very low voltage AC mains supply damage in the future?

To prevent very low voltage AC mains supply damage in the future, it is important to regularly check your wiring and outlets for any damage. It is also recommended to use a surge protector or voltage stabilizer for added protection. Additionally, unplugging your TV during storms or power outages can help prevent damage from sudden voltage fluctuations.