Voltage received by each bulb in a circuit

In summary, the conversation is discussing the voltage received by each bulb in a circuit. The question is asking for the voltage in terms of 1v being the voltage supplied by each cell. The idea of redrawing the diagram is suggested, with two circuits for each battery and two bulbs in one parallel section and one bulb in the other. The conversation ends with a clarification question about the voltage at the top middle point.
cormzy
Thread moved from the technical forums, so no Template is shown
Summary: Voltage received by each bulb in a circuit

How much Voltage does each bulb receive in the diagram below? (In terms of 1v being the voltage supplied by each cell)

Attachments

• EDA9B7A7-FB30-45BF-9993-EDA82B4CF6FA.png
    EDA9B7A7-FB30-45BF-9993-EDA82B4CF6FA.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 155
Physics news on Phys.org
cormzy said:
Summary: Voltage received by each bulb in a circuit

How much Voltage does each bulb receive in the diagram below? (In terms of 1v being the voltage supplied by each cell)
What is your idea? Have you tried redrawing the diagram, such that each bulb has it's own two wires, attaching somewhere to the line with the cells?

Likes Dale
A.T. said:
What is your idea? Have you tried redrawing the diagram, such that each bulb has it's own two wires, attaching somewhere to the line with the cells?
I have have tried drawing 2 circuits for each battery, where two bulbs are in one parallel section and one bulb in the other.
I got the answer wrong,

A.T, thank you for your help, I think I understand the question now!

A.T. said:
Hi A.T., is the top middle point at ##1V##? I see it's also connected to ground..

1. What is the formula for calculating voltage received by each bulb in a circuit?

The formula for calculating voltage received by each bulb in a circuit is Ohm's Law, which states that voltage (V) is equal to current (I) multiplied by resistance (R). Therefore, the formula is V = IR.

2. How does the voltage affect the brightness of a bulb in a circuit?

The voltage received by a bulb directly affects its brightness. The higher the voltage, the brighter the bulb will be. This is because voltage is the force that drives the flow of electrons through the bulb, and the more electrons flowing, the brighter the bulb will be.

3. Does the position of a bulb in a circuit affect the voltage it receives?

Yes, the position of a bulb in a circuit can affect the voltage it receives. When bulbs are connected in series, the voltage is divided equally among them. However, when bulbs are connected in parallel, each bulb receives the full voltage of the circuit.

4. Can the voltage received by a bulb change over time?

Yes, the voltage received by a bulb can change over time. This can happen if there is a change in the power source or if other components in the circuit are added or removed. Factors such as temperature and aging of the components can also affect the voltage received by a bulb.

5. How can I measure the voltage received by a specific bulb in a circuit?

You can measure the voltage received by a specific bulb in a circuit by using a voltmeter. Place the probes of the voltmeter on either side of the bulb and read the voltage displayed on the meter. Make sure to set the voltmeter to the appropriate range to get an accurate reading.