VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something New

In summary, the conversation is about a photography contest on a forum. Members are discussing their votes for the contest and someone asks how the percentages are calculated. Some members express their admiration for certain photos and their reasons for voting for them. Finally, someone notices the small font at the bottom of the poll showing the number of people who have voted, revealing how the percentages are calculated.

Vote (multiple choice)

• Andre

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Borek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marzena

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Edward

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Borg

• Physics Girl Phd

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Turbo-1

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Matthyaouw

• Kronos5253

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member
1.Andre
2nb86c9.jpg

2.Borek
marcin_something_new.jpg

3.Marzena
marzena_dew_drop.jpg

4.Edward
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8771/copyof1001517.jpg

5.Borg
Orchids.jpg

6.Physics girl phd
10_3_2009%20034_resized.jpg

7.Turbo-1
Duke_cont.jpg

8.Matthyaouw
newraw.jpg

9.Kronos5253
CAP0R6BV.jpg

Contest Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
So in these multi-choice polls, how are the numbers in the percent column calculated?

I vote for 3, Gizmo, little E and Duke :biggrin:

I voted Marzena. I like the creative framing of the dewdrop and the detail you can see in it. I also voted Physics girl phd. Really sweet portrait

lisab said:
So in these multi-choice polls, how are the numbers in the percent column calculated?

No idea! I just go by the numbers of votes in each.

lisab said:

At the moment Matthyaouw has 1 vote out of 11 voting people, for 9.09%. Not that hard to find out what is going on, especially if you were mesmerized by numbers displayed by calculator as a teenager :wink:

Aside from it being a really nice image, I like the effort matthyaouw put into achieving his shot. Turbo's new best friend is a given. (Plus I love the way he captured shading and skin folds.) And Marzena's is pure genious.

me too, I like matthyaouw's spirit. I would’ve vote for him if Gizmo were absent from the contest :biggrin:

Borek said:
At the moment Matthyaouw has 1 vote out of 11 voting people, for 9.09%. Not that hard to find out what is going on, especially if you were mesmerized by numbers displayed by calculator as a teenager :wink:

Ah...just noticed the very small font at the bottom of the poll showing the number of people who have voted...

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something New"?

The purpose of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something New" is to encourage individuals to submit their original photos that capture something new and unique, while also promoting the importance of conservation and preserving the planet.

2. Who can participate in the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something New"?

The "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something New" is open to anyone who is passionate about photography and cares about the environment. Participants must be at least 18 years old and must follow the contest rules and guidelines.

3. How can I submit my photo for the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something New"?

You can submit your photo by visiting the official contest website and filling out the submission form. Make sure to follow the guidelines and include a brief description of your photo.

4. How will the winner be selected for the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something New"?

The winner will be selected through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts in the field of photography and conservation. The photo with the most votes and highest score from the judges will be declared the winner.

5. What is the prize for the winner of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something New"?

The winner of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something New" will receive a cash prize, as well as having their winning photo featured on the organization's website and social media platforms. They will also have the opportunity to participate in a conservation project with the organization.