We should be careful about AI?

• Thread starter Grands
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ai
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the potential dangers it poses. There is concern about robots taking over human jobs and the impact on human interactions and behavior. Elon Musk is also mentioned as being afraid of AI and robots. The speaker is unsure of their own opinion on the matter, feeling both scared and conflicted about the role of AI in society. They question whether we should continue developing this technology and express a desire for a simpler, less reliant life. The conversation ends with a question about the current media focus on AI.
Grands
Recently I read a lots of newspaper, international and none, that spoke about how dangerous can be AI.
Many journalist spoke about robots that will take the job of many workers that won't have what to do, and about how AI can reduce the job offers.
They said we will live in a world with very few interactions between people, and that our human behavior will disappear.
Also Elon Musk is scared of AI and robots.

Honest to be I don't know what to say or what to believe.
From one side I'm really scared, I don't like robots, or maybe I don't like a robot that try to be more similar to humans.
I also saw that were invited robots that can replace a wife, and this is very scary for me, I need to stay close to real people.
I'm really scared about this, I won't like to walk on the street and see robots that walks close to me.

At the same time I think that I shouldn't be scared because we every day use AI like Google, and robots are very important in every sector, from Medicine to manual jobs.

So in the end I don't know what to say about this situation, I feel strange, I don't know if we need to stop with this kind of technology with what we already have today.

Sometimes I feel I need to have a normal life and live in a simply way by having a normal jobs, but it seems that I can't find a job that in the future will not be related with AI.What's your opinion about?

P.S Why in this period TV and media tend to speak about this topic, it seems that we will soon have to deal with AI.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

Likes Grands

1. What is AI and why should we be careful about it?

AI stands for artificial intelligence, which is the development of computer systems that can perform tasks that typically require human intelligence. We should be careful about AI because there is a concern that it could potentially surpass human intelligence and lead to unforeseen consequences.

2. What are some potential risks associated with AI?

Some potential risks associated with AI include job displacement, biases in decision making, and the potential for AI to be used for harmful purposes by individuals or governments.

3. How can we ensure that AI is developed and used ethically?

To ensure ethical development and use of AI, it is important for researchers and developers to prioritize transparency, accountability, and inclusivity in their work. There should also be regulations and guidelines in place to ensure that AI is not used to harm individuals or society.

4. Are there any benefits to AI that outweigh the potential risks?

Yes, there are many potential benefits to AI, such as increased efficiency and productivity, improved healthcare and education, and advancements in scientific research. However, it is important to carefully consider and manage the potential risks in order to fully reap the benefits of AI.

5. Is there a possibility of AI becoming self-aware and taking over the world?

This is a common concern, but it is currently a hypothetical scenario and there is no evidence to suggest that AI will become self-aware in the near future. It is important for AI developers to prioritize safety measures and ethical guidelines to prevent any potential risks.