Weird circuit board with only resistors

In summary, this PCB is from a high school physics class, and may be from a practice ICT/soldering PCBA.
greypilgrim
Found this. What could it be? So many resistors and nothing else?
DSC_2003.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_2003.JPG
    DSC_2003.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 820
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
greypilgrim said:
Found this. What could it be? So many resistors and nothing else?

EDIT: Sorry wrong forum, could someone move this to Electrical Engineering?

and what is on the other side of the board ?, probably lots of other components ??

Nope:
DSC_2004.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_2004.JPG
    DSC_2004.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 519
Likes davenn
davenn said:
and what is on the other side of the board ?, probably lots of other components ??
Thread moved. I agree with @davenn -- show us the other side of the PCBA.

There are no apparent connectors into this PCBA, and this side is the through-hole top side, so it's unlikely there are fine-pitch SMT ISs on the other side... Where did you find this picture? Usually we require links to the source of images or the threads are deleted...

UPDATE -- Need links to your source...

greypilgrim said:
Nope:
OK ... well my only other thought then would be that it may be an incomplete board ( as in i's assembly hasn't been finished)
there are lots of other holes that may be for capacitors, transistors ad diodes
there are also a number of holes (particularly on the right side of first pic) where I/O/ power wires may get connected

Dave

I took the pictures myself. I found the board in a high school physics collection, in a drawer with other random boards, probably just to show the students examples of printed circuits. There was no further information and nobody knew who originally put it there.

greypilgrim said:
I took the pictures myself. I found the board in a high school physics collection, in a drawer with other random boards, probably just to show the students examples of printed circuits. There was no further information and nobody knew who originally put it there.

OK ... so without any other info ... go with my last comments :smile:

Then it looks like a practice ICT/soldering PCBA. Thread closed for now so nobody else wastes time on it. Please PM me if you have ideas that merit re-opening the thread.

Likes davenn
Likes Averagesupernova

1. What is a circuit board with only resistors?

A circuit board with only resistors is a type of electronic circuit board that contains only resistors as its components. Resistors are electrical devices that limit the flow of electric current in a circuit.

2. What is the purpose of a circuit board with only resistors?

The purpose of a circuit board with only resistors is to provide specific resistance values to control the flow of electric current in a circuit. This can be used for various purposes such as voltage regulation, signal processing, and filtering.

3. How is a circuit board with only resistors different from other circuit boards?

A circuit board with only resistors is different from other circuit boards because it does not contain other components such as capacitors, inductors, or transistors. This makes it simpler and less complex in design and functionality.

4. What are the advantages of using a circuit board with only resistors?

Using a circuit board with only resistors can have several advantages, including cost-effectiveness, reliability, and ease of troubleshooting. It also allows for easier customization and modification of the circuit without the need for additional components.

5. Can a circuit board with only resistors perform complex tasks?

Yes, a circuit board with only resistors can perform complex tasks depending on the arrangement and combination of the resistors. By using different resistor values and configurations, it is possible to create circuits that can perform various functions such as amplification, filtering, and voltage regulation.