What are free online resources for very basic physics?

In summary, my school textbooks are rather bad often with too much words. One is Starting Science Book 2 by Alan Fraser and Ian Gilchrist. The other is A Concise course Science to 14 by Steven Pople. Where can I find very simplied diagrams with simplified situations with as little extra stuff needed to teach? My principal wants him to do a five minute speech on the Space Shuttle.
cloa513
I am teaching an ESL student in English very basic physics like friction and forces- it needs to be very simplified with quantitative explanations- a lot more easy to understand with pictural descriptions and I basically have to show what I bring from home and this being Japan the resources available are rather limited. Unfortunately my school textbooks are rather bad often with too much words. One is Starting Science Book 2 by Alan Fraser and Ian Gilchrist. The other is A Concise course Science to 14 by Steven Pople. Where can I find very simplied diagrams with simplified situations with as little extra stuff needed to teach? My principal wants him to do a five minute speech on the Space Shuttle. He did one before on diet which was well done but the understanding of what he said was somewhat lacking. The senior high school Japanese child can certainly read well quite difficult words and read aloud but has some intellectual disability.

Physics news on Phys.org
cloa513 said:
Unfortunately my school textbooks are rather bad often with too much words.
Have you looked through the Hyperphysics pages? They tend to be short explanations with good diagrams:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/index.html

1687198491730.png

Merlot Classic Award winner for 2005

"This site was honored because of its comprehensive coverage of most of physics, the creative use of multimedia and linking, and the impact it has had on students worldwide. Online tutorials cover a wide range of physics topics, including modern physics and astronomy. Material is organized through extensive concept maps."

Hewitt's Conceptual Physics book might be a good fit.

Basic Physics: A Self Teaching Guide by Karl Kuhn could possibly help.

Thanks for all your replies.

Likes berkeman

What are free online resources for very basic physics?

1. What are some websites or platforms that offer free resources for learning very basic physics?

2. Are there any online courses or tutorials available for beginners in physics?

3. Can I find free textbooks or study materials for basic physics concepts online?

4. Are there any interactive simulations or virtual labs for practicing basic physics principles?

5. Are there any online communities or forums where I can ask questions and get help with understanding basic physics concepts?