What Are Some Common Misconceptions About Physics?

In summary, some common misconceptions about physics include the idea that it is only relevant to scientists, that it is all about mathematical equations, and that it has no practical applications in everyday life. However, physics is a fundamental science that helps us understand the natural world and has countless real-world applications, from technology and engineering to medicine and environmental science. It also involves more than just math, with concepts such as energy, forces, and motion being key components. Lastly, while it may seem complex, physics is a subject that can be understood and appreciated by everyone, not just scientists.
Username123
How did you find PF?
I found Physics Forums on google
Hello! I am a highschooler looking to learn more about physics and looking to hear a lot of feedback on my thoughts about physics.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. :smile:

Username123 said:
and looking to hear a lot of feedback on my thoughts about physics.
Please keep in mind that we don't allow personal speculation here. We discuss mainstream physics as published in the scientific literature. PF is a great place to learn and discuss science, but personal speculation or theories are off-limits here. :smile:

Hello Mr. Berkeman!! Thank you for being proactive in telling me this before it happened :smile:

Likes PeroK and berkeman