Currently spending some time outside observable universe…

In summary, scientists have discovered that the universe is expanding at an accelerated rate, which has led to the realization that there are regions beyond our observable universe. These regions are so far away that their light has not yet reached us, making them impossible to see. This has sparked new research into the nature of dark energy and the possibility of multiple universes existing beyond our own. However, due to the vast distances involved, it is currently impossible for humans to travel or explore these areas.
ForTheLoveOfPhysics
How did you find PF?
Google Search
It asked for a snappy title so don’t judge!

I’m here for the physics not the BS. And I’ve checked my Dunning-Krugerness & Confirmation Bias at the door!

In a way I’ve always been fascinated by physics and the biggest of questions but recently I thought I’d jump in and actually participate as an amateur physicist. Amateur means ‘for the love of it’ after all.

I started with a simple 2x2 quadrant of time and mass.

0F706FAE-36BA-4D4B-B10C-2D8BBE7AF140.jpeg

I started with Time vs Space but on reflection thought Time v Mass a better pair as ‘technically’ “Space is the infinite three dimensions of nothingness” (Me). Unless you believe in an aether but as a materialist that just doesn’t feel right.

Looking at these I couldn’t help but think that if there was any limit of Time or Mass (3 of the 4 squares) then that gave power to the idea of a ‘creator’ or a ‘simulator’ which I didn’t feel particularly drawn too.

So that left a truly infinite universe of time and ‘space’ to investigate.

So I’m currently looking into what a truly infinite material universe could look like. What could be the universes mechanism for cycling matter through time?

With some time spent on Newtonian physics I’m interested in the idea that the universe is a ‘sea’ of Big Bangs recycling matter over and over infinitely.

Some of the areas I’m looking into;
-Gravity (large masses at large distance)
-Star life cycles and the Chandrasekhar Limit
-Hawking Radiation
-Inflation & Dark Energy
-Black Hole mergers and gradational waves incl the Gravitational Wave Background
-Density and the Schwarzschild radius

Once I have a bit more of a grasp I’ll post in the appropriate forum for feedback. Until then I look forward to connecting with you all.

• Skeptical
Likes weirdoguy and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. :smile:

Please keep in mind that we don't allow personal speculation or new theory development here at PF. It's fine to ask questions, but they should be based on the published mainstream literature, not on models you are trying to come up with. When you start your threads in the technical forums here, please post links to the reading you've been doing, and ask specific questions about that reading. That's the best way to move forward in your learning of Physics.

This Introduction thread is now closed.

Likes ForTheLoveOfPhysics