What are some helpful websites for understanding concepts in Calc II?

• Thread starter MillerGenuine
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Websites
In summary, the conversation is about a student struggling with their Calculus II class due to their professor's teaching style. They are looking for additional resources, such as websites or books, that can provide conceptual explanations to help them understand the material better. One suggested website is Khan Academy. The student expresses frustration with only learning the mechanics of problem-solving and not the underlying concepts, which they believe is hindering their progress in math.
MillerGenuine
Helpful Calc II websites??

Im not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this question so I apologize in advance if its not. I am taking a calc II class, but my professor has a horrible accent along with the complete inability to teach. My professor spends the entire lecture doing example problems with little explantation. I would like to hear/read some explanation/conceptual reasoning so i can understand why I am looking for convegence/divergence or why I am doing cetain things. I've found a website called Pauls Online notes which is helpful at times. But I am curious if anyone else knows of helpful websites (or any other means e.g. books) that can tell me why and not just how to do a problem.

Physics news on Phys.org

I haven't checked it out for myself, but Khan Academy is supposed to be pretty good.

I'll give that a shot. It seems in this class I am only learning the mechanics of how to do problems and not the concepts..which seems to be abosutely detrimental to a student trying to continue on to higher mathmatics

1. What are some recommended websites for learning Calculus II?

Some popular websites for learning Calculus II include Khan Academy, Paul's Online Math Notes, and MathIsFun.

2. Are there any websites with interactive practice problems for Calculus II?

Yes, websites like Mathway, Symbolab, and Chegg offer interactive practice problems for Calculus II.

3. Can I find video tutorials for Calculus II on these websites?

Yes, Khan Academy and Paul's Online Math Notes offer comprehensive video tutorials for Calculus II topics.

4. Are there any free websites for learning Calculus II?

Yes, all of the websites mentioned above offer free resources for learning Calculus II. However, some may also offer paid subscriptions for additional features.

5. How do I know if a website for Calculus II is reliable?

To determine the reliability of a website for Calculus II, you can look for credentials of the creator, user reviews, and accuracy of the information provided. It is also helpful to consult with your instructor or classmates for recommendations.