What are the best resources for learning Cadabra?

• Thread starter Omega137
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tutorials
In summary, Cadabra is a computer algebra system specifically designed for theoretical physics. It can perform calculations and manipulations involving tensorial expressions, differential forms, and spinor fields. There are various online resources available for learning Cadabra, including the official website, tutorials, and video tutorials on YouTube. Prior knowledge or experience in physics or programming is not necessary, as the user manual and tutorials are beginner-friendly. Cadabra is primarily used in areas such as general relativity, quantum field theory, and string theory, but can also be applied to other fields like cosmology and particle physics. However, it may not be suitable for complex numerical calculations or handling large datasets, as it is primarily designed for symbolic calculations and manipulations.
Omega137
Hello!

I'm looking for some Cadabra tutorials! I've found only the following three on arXiv.

I've read the introductory one.

O

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you found three, then you probably found them all.
Pretty much everything to do with cadabra is on its website:
http://cadabra.phi-sci.com/documentation.html

If you have any specific problems, then there is the mailing list. Kasper is normally quite helpful and responsive.

Out of curiosity, can I ask what you're planning on using it for?

---
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:

What is Cadabra and what can it be used for?

Cadabra is a computer algebra system designed specifically for theoretical physics. It can be used for performing calculations and manipulations involving tensorial expressions, differential forms, and spinor fields.

Where can I find tutorials for learning Cadabra?

There are several online resources available for learning Cadabra. The official website of Cadabra offers a comprehensive user manual, tutorials, and examples. You can also find video tutorials on YouTube and various online forums and communities dedicated to Cadabra.

Do I need any prior knowledge or experience in physics or programming to learn Cadabra?

While having a basic understanding of theoretical physics and programming can be helpful, it is not necessary to learn Cadabra. The user manual and tutorials provided by Cadabra are designed to be accessible for beginners as well.

Can Cadabra be used for any specific field of physics?

Cadabra is primarily designed for theoretical physics, particularly in the areas of general relativity, quantum field theory, and string theory. However, it can also be used in other fields such as cosmology and particle physics.

Are there any limitations to using Cadabra?

Like any other software, Cadabra also has its limitations. It may not be suitable for performing complex numerical calculations or handling large datasets. It is primarily designed for symbolic calculations and manipulations.