What immediate effect should be there after vasoconstriction

• Thread starter keep@science
  • Start date
In summary, the theory suggests that there is a correlation between systemic blood pressure and vascular resistance, and that changes in resistance should lead to changes in blood flow. However, the vasoconstrictor effect of angiotensin-2 is not straightforward to understand.
keep@science
as we know vascular circuit is analogue to simple resistant circuit of resistance in parallel combination
and as the voltage in resistance circuit can only be changed by the battery and change in resistance follows change in current ,,,likewise change in resistance in vascular circuit should be followed by change in blood flow and except heart no other factor should change the systemic B.P
this theory is applicable in most of the cases like change in BP by sympathetic system during exercise AND also the local metabolite theory for vaso-dilation also support this ..
but i am confused about the vaso-constrictor effect of the angiotensin 2 in which change in peripheral resistance increases blood pressure???

Biology news on Phys.org
The ohms law correspodence is

Map ~ co x svr

Map = mean arterial pressure
Co = cardiac output
Svr = systemic vascular resistance

Symphatetic drive works by upregulation the sinoatrial node pacemaker cells -> increase heart rate.

And co = sv x heartrate
Sv = stroke volume unless svr or sv change

Angiotensin increase svr by vasoconstriction and thus increase blood presssure.

Maybe i didnt understand the question

/Fredrik

Actually in this formula if we increase the resistance then two factors can change either the cardiac output due to change in venous return or the arterial blood pressure
But i didnt understand which factor should change
Why arterial pressure changes in this conditon Why not cardiac output

Ok now i see the concern.

Yes the complete regulatory network for human are certainly more complex than some "ohms law" analogy and indeed many things can and do happen but one should distinguish between primary responses and secondary responses.

The purpose of the "Ohms law" analogy for the heart is to be a simple description only of the primary interconnections between co bp and svr.

The heart volume and rate will not instantly change due to a remote vasoconstriction, thus the primary effect is elevated blood pressure. Heart rate are primarily influenced by the sympathetic and parsymphatetic nervoussystems and hormones in the blood only.

Otoh, as secondary effects more complex things can happen. For example the elevated bp can trigger the baroreceptor reflex that will drop the heartrate by downregulating sa node, and thus lowering co. But this a secondary effect of sudden vasoconstriction not the primary one.

Understanding the full dynamic blood regulatory systems requires that one also understand the secondary effects and their interconnections. Which isn't trivial.

but according to my view there should be no such elevation of blood pressure as a primary effect of vasoconstriction because in vascular circuit all organs are arranged in parallel and if there is change in vascular resistance there should be change in blood flow only and only by altering the activity of heart can change the blood pressure

is there is some relation with impedance of large arteries and total resistance of vascular circuit with reference to answer of my question
please help me i have read a lot of books for this topic but still i am confused ..some book support my view about this topic like "boron" and "guyton"

What is vasoconstriction?

Vasoconstriction is the narrowing of blood vessels in the body, resulting in a decrease in blood flow and an increase in blood pressure.

What causes vasoconstriction?

Vasoconstriction can be caused by a variety of factors, such as hormones, neurotransmitters, and certain medications. It can also be a natural response to cold temperatures or stress.

What are the immediate effects of vasoconstriction?

The immediate effects of vasoconstriction include a decrease in blood flow to certain areas of the body, an increase in blood pressure, and a decrease in body temperature.

How does vasoconstriction affect the body?

Vasoconstriction can have both positive and negative effects on the body. It can help regulate blood pressure and maintain body temperature, but it can also decrease blood flow to vital organs and tissues, potentially causing health issues.

Can vasoconstriction be reversed?

Yes, vasoconstriction can be reversed through the process of vasodilation, which is the widening of blood vessels. This can be triggered by various factors, such as exercise, relaxation techniques, and certain medications.