What is the Beauty of Guam Through Photos?

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photos
In summary, MK lives on Guam and is envious of people who live in other beautiful places. She thinks that if Guam was flat, you could easily run the 25 or so miles from tip to tip! But its only about 5 from side to side. She also thinks that if MK moved to Kansas, she would be able to see the most beautiful place in the world.
Mk
Well, other people are posting pictures of where they've been so I'll post two of Guam!
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8930/10000421uh.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1012/10000432uy.jpg
The first image is looking to the left of my balcony, the second is looking straight out. Kind of like a panorama shot.

If you liked them I post more later. Maybe some of Hawaii or Oklahoma or Florida or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
where's the snakes?

guam is supposed to be full of snakes which have eaten all the birds there; WHERE ARE THE SNAKES?

arildno said:
where's the snakes?

guam is supposed to be full of snakes which have eaten all the birds there; WHERE ARE THE SNAKES?
lol, contrary to somewhat popular belief, you don't see all the snakes if you live in a residential area. They are brown tree snakes, they're brown and live in the trees. They eat bird eggs, so much they have killed off many bird species that weren't tough enough to handle the wrath of the tree snake. The birds they didn't eat are hardcore man, they're about halfway between the size of sparrows and pigeons, and have been known to kill people for tampering with their nest.

Aww Poor MK, having to live in such an awful place, if you want a nice
holiday i will swop for two or three weeks.

Are the snakes edible/gobbleworthy?

wolram said:
Aww Poor MK, having to live in such an awful place, if you want a nice
holiday i will swop for two or three weeks.
Well, its easier than it looks.

arildno said:
Are the snakes edible or gobbleworthy?
If you're not Filipino or Chamorro (the natives) they aren't, but if you are they are! I've received several recipes recommendations I won't try just yet...

You can eat any snake, they all taste like..well umm snake.
What a beautiful place to live MK!

hypatia said:
You can eat any snake, they all taste like..well umm snake.
What a beautiful place to live MK!
I guess so.
BTW, I've heard there are lots of US Marines on Guam.
Are they gobbleworthy?

lmao, I am sure Marines are quite a tasty morsel, just be sure to spit out the dog tags, they can wreck havoc on your teeth :smile:

hypatia said:
lmao, I am sure Marines are quite a tasty morsel, just be sure to spit out the dog tags, they can wreck havoc on your teeth :smile:
So I should go for the snakes instead, then?

arildno said:
where's the snakes?

Wow I love birds but I like snakes too because my mother is really afraid of them(she even can't stand them on TV or a phot) and that gives me a chance to bother her sometimes! So what should I do now? Should I hate snakes? :confused: But well there something I'm certain of it: I can't stand arildno !

hypatia said:
...I am sure Marines are quite a tasty morsel...
How about Former Marines? :devil: I've got to warn you though, there's lots of gristle and we bite back.

hypatia said:
Those guys are tough! I've hunted them before. Takes several shots to the head. And they fire back! They roam in packs and truly are the most dangerous game.

What in the hell are you doing inside on a computer? Go out and have some fun in that beautiful place :smile:

I've lived here for many (well not a lot) years, and seen many tropical places and still find the most accesible beach on Anderson Air Force Beach to be the most beautiful beach in the world. Nothing compares. The problem is, I haven't gotten a good picture yet. And I'm afraid I might forget the majestic beauty.

MK, you need to get away form all that water and come to Kansas, land of tumbleweeds and dirt and green glowing cows.

Great pictures (I'm so jealous). Please post more!

Evo said:
MK, you need to get away form all that water and come to Kansas, land of tumbleweeds and dirt and green glowing cows.

I heard if you stand on a rock you can see across the state :bugeye:

yomamma said:
I heard if you stand on a rock you can see across the state :bugeye:
Naw, but it is tiny. If Guam was flat, you could easily run the 25 or so miles from tip to tip! But its only about 5 from side to side.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/GuamMapSmall.png

Mk said:
Naw, but it is tiny. If Guam was flat, you could easily run the 25 or so miles from tip to tip! But its only about 5 from side to side.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/GuamMapSmall.png
[/URL]
hmmm...I meant kansas but ok :biggrin:

Evo said:

He should invite us to his home!

Related to What is the Beauty of Guam Through Photos?

1. What is the purpose of "Exploring Guam Through Photos"?

The purpose of "Exploring Guam Through Photos" is to visually document and showcase the unique culture, landscapes, and people of Guam through photographs. It aims to promote and raise awareness of the beauty and diversity of the island.

2. Who can benefit from "Exploring Guam Through Photos"?

Anyone interested in learning about Guam or those who want to experience the island through beautiful photographs can benefit from this project. It can also be a helpful resource for tourists, researchers, and students studying Guam and its culture.

3. How are the photos selected for "Exploring Guam Through Photos"?

The photos selected for "Exploring Guam Through Photos" are carefully chosen based on their quality, relevance to the theme, and diversity. They are also chosen to represent the different aspects of Guam, such as its history, people, and natural beauty.

4. Are the photos edited or manipulated in any way?

Yes, the photos may be edited or enhanced to improve their quality and aesthetics. However, any major manipulations or alterations that change the original content of the photo will be disclosed.

5. Can I contribute my own photos to "Exploring Guam Through Photos"?

Yes, we welcome submissions from photographers who have captured the essence of Guam through their lens. You can submit your photos for consideration via our website or social media platforms. Please make sure to follow our guidelines and terms of use.