What is the CKM element for J psi and phi meson

imgamedeving
Homework Statement
Estimate the branching fraction of B0s to J/psi and phi
Relevant Equations
the ckm matrix
I am given the ckm matrix and told that B0s decay to Ds- and pi+ with a branching frcation of 3x10-3. I am then asked to find the branching fraction for other decays. I have done this easily enough for decays like B0s to Ds-K+ by using the ckm matrix elements. However the J/psi meson is a charm anticharm meson. Im just not to sure what value to take from the CKM matrix and would love some help!

What is the CKM element for J psi and phi meson?

The CKM element for the J psi and phi meson is represented by Vcs. This element describes the transition between a charm quark and a strange quark.

How is the CKM element for J psi and phi meson determined?

The CKM element for the J psi and phi meson is determined through experimental measurements of the decay rates and branching ratios of particles involved in weak interactions.

Why is the CKM element for J psi and phi meson important?

The CKM element for the J psi and phi meson is important because it plays a crucial role in understanding the behavior of quarks and their interactions in the Standard Model of particle physics.

Is the CKM element for J psi and phi meson a fundamental constant?

Yes, the CKM element for the J psi and phi meson is considered a fundamental constant in the Standard Model, describing the mixing of quark flavors in weak interactions.

Are there any theoretical predictions for the CKM element for J psi and phi meson?

While there are theoretical models that can predict the CKM elements, experimental measurements are needed to accurately determine the values of these elements, including the one for the J psi and phi meson.