What is the Hubble Parameter over time and how can I calculate it?

In summary, the Hubble parameter in time, also known as the Hubble constant, is a measure of the rate at which the universe is expanding. It is primarily measured using two methods: the cosmic distance ladder and the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation. The value of the Hubble parameter in time increases over time, indicating that the universe is expanding at a faster rate now than in the past. This value is significant in understanding the evolution and expansion of the universe and has implications for theories of cosmology and the fate of the universe. The Hubble parameter in time is related to the Hubble constant, but they are not exactly the same as the Hubble constant is a specific value at the present moment while the Hubble
Arman777
Insights Author
Gold Member
How can I calculate the Hubble Parameter in time. I know that it decreases in time and approaches to some constant value but I am not sure to what value, Is there any graph for that ?

Space news on Phys.org
Take a look at the first equation here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/lightcone7-tutorial-part-iii-things-computed/
For far future, z tends to -1, so the equation reduces to ##H_\infty=H_0\sqrt{\Omega_\Lambda}## with current dark energy density as the input.
You can use the calculator itself to graph the relationship:
http://www.einsteins-theory-of-relativity-4engineers.com/LightCone7-2017-02-08/LightCone_Ho7.html
upload_2019-1-30_8-46-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-30_8-46-35.png
    upload_2019-1-30_8-46-35.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 631
Likes Arman777
Thanks

1. What is the Hubble Parameter over time?

The Hubble Parameter, also known as the Hubble constant, is a measure of the rate at which the universe is expanding. It is denoted by the symbol H0 and has units of kilometers per second per megaparsec (km/s/Mpc). It describes the relationship between the distance to a galaxy and its recessional velocity due to the expansion of the universe.

2. How is the Hubble Parameter measured?

The Hubble Parameter is typically measured by observing the redshift of light from distant galaxies. This redshift is caused by the stretching of light waves as they travel through the expanding universe. By measuring the redshift of multiple galaxies at different distances, scientists can calculate the Hubble Parameter and determine the rate of expansion of the universe.

3. How does the Hubble Parameter change over time?

The Hubble Parameter has been found to decrease over time, indicating that the expansion of the universe is accelerating. This is due to the presence of dark energy, a mysterious force that is causing the expansion to accelerate at an increasing rate. However, the exact rate of change of the Hubble Parameter is still a topic of ongoing research and debate among scientists.

4. Can I calculate the Hubble Parameter myself?

Yes, you can calculate the Hubble Parameter using the formula H0 = v/d, where v is the recessional velocity of a galaxy and d is its distance from Earth. However, this calculation is only an approximation and may not account for all factors that can affect the Hubble Parameter. It is best to consult scientific data and research for a more accurate calculation.

5. Why is the Hubble Parameter important in cosmology?

The Hubble Parameter is a crucial value in understanding the evolution and structure of the universe. It helps scientists determine the age of the universe, the rate of expansion, and the amount of matter and energy present. It also plays a key role in various cosmological models and theories, providing insights into the past and future of our universe.