What is the latent heat for medium carbon steel

In summary, the speaker is looking for information on the latent heat, melting point, and boiling point of medium carbon steel, but has been unable to find it through their own search. They ask for suggestions and links to tables on this topic.
Addison1
I'have searched a lot but could not find latent heat for any kind of medium carbon steel for latent heat from solid to liquid and from liquid to gas. Also I want to know the corresponding melting point and boiling point for that know of steel.
Any link for a table would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Addison1 said:
I'have searched a lot but could not find latent heat for any kind of medium carbon steel for latent heat from solid to liquid and from liquid to gas. Also I want to know the corresponding melting point and boiling point for that know of steel.
Any link for a table would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
How intensive was the search?

A suggestion is to search specific heat of fusion ( latent heat of fusion ). ( vapourization ) ; or ( enthalpy of fusion )

Thus gives the heat needed to turn several metals from solid to liquid.
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fusion-heat-metals-d_1266.html

or
http://resources.yesican-science.ca/lpdd/g07/lp/sh_table.html

1. What is latent heat?

Latent heat is the amount of energy required to change the state of a substance without changing its temperature. It is the energy absorbed or released during a phase change, such as melting or boiling.

2. What is medium carbon steel?

Medium carbon steel is a type of steel that contains a carbon content between 0.25% and 0.60%. It is commonly used in the production of structural components and machinery due to its strength and durability.

3. Why is latent heat important for medium carbon steel?

Latent heat is important for medium carbon steel because it affects the material's ability to undergo phase changes, such as melting or solidification. This can impact the material's properties and performance in various applications.

4. What is the latent heat for medium carbon steel?

The latent heat for medium carbon steel varies depending on the specific phase change and the composition of the steel. However, it is typically around 250-300 kJ/kg for the melting of medium carbon steel.

5. How is the latent heat for medium carbon steel calculated?

The latent heat for medium carbon steel can be calculated using the specific heat capacity and enthalpy of fusion for the material. These values can be found in reference materials or determined through experiments.