What to do with (relatively) old controller

• Thread starter TheQuietOne
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Controller
In summary, the conversation discusses what to do with an old AfterGlow PlayStation controller that has been taken apart. One person suggests throwing it away and buying a new one, while another suggests using the remaining parts for creative purposes or selling them for spare parts. The conversation also touches on the constant need for upgrading technology.
TheQuietOne
Hello!

I am taking apart a relatively old AfterGlow PlayStation controller and all I have left is the main board, the anolog sticks, two pressure plates, and two of the back buttons (which are all still connected to the main board). What should I do with it?

Engineering news on Phys.org
It was never designed to have a future so you should bite the bullet. Bin it and buy a new system - that's the way of the world, I'm afraid. I never got into computer games but I am stuck with changing computers and phones far more often than is healthy for me.

Likes Averagesupernova
sophiecentaur said:
It was never designed to have a future so you should bite the bullet. Bin it and buy a new system - that's the way of the world, I'm afraid. I never got into computer games but I am stuck with changing computers and phones far more often than is healthy for me.[/QUOTE]
Nice to know I am not alone.

Well, I can at lwast use the case and buttons :oldtongue:

Consider the components as 21st century art supplies. Similar to the steam punk theme that uses old gears, pipe fittings, electrical equipment, etc.

Sell it for spares on ebay?

1. What is the best way to dispose of an old controller?

The best way to dispose of an old controller is to recycle it. Many electronic stores, such as Best Buy, offer recycling programs for old electronics. This helps to reduce electronic waste and prevent harmful chemicals from entering the environment.

2. Can I donate my old controller?

Yes, you can donate your old controller. Many charities and organizations accept donations of used electronics. Make sure to check with the specific organization beforehand to see if they have any specific guidelines or requirements for donations.

3. Is it safe to sell my old controller?

Yes, it is safe to sell your old controller. However, make sure to reset the controller to its factory settings before selling it to ensure that all of your personal information is removed. It is also important to be cautious when selling your controller online and to only use trusted websites or platforms.

4. Can I repurpose my old controller?

Yes, you can repurpose your old controller for a different use. For example, you can use it as a backup controller for a different gaming console or as a controller for your computer. You can also get creative and use it for DIY projects or as a decoration.

5. Should I keep my old controller as a backup?

It is up to personal preference whether or not to keep your old controller as a backup. If you have a newer controller that you use regularly, you may not need to keep the old one. However, if you have multiple gaming consoles or use your controller frequently, it may be a good idea to keep it as a backup in case your current controller breaks or malfunctions.