What's difference between SAT and GRE exam?

In summary, the application requirements for universities such as Cambridge, Harvard, and Stanford include taking the SAT general and subject exams. However, the person speaking is not familiar with these exams and asks for help. They are directed to the College Board website for more information. It is also clarified that the GRE is for graduate school, not undergraduate.
sadegh4137
i want to submit to some universities like as Cambridge, Harvard, Stanford and ...
application requirement for these universities are SAT general and subject, but I don't anything about this exam.

can you help me

Physics news on Phys.org
depends on which country you want to study in imho. cambrige you meant is the one in UK right? just post here more and such exams will be easy tasks

sadegh4137 said:
i want to submit to some universities like as Cambridge, Harvard, Stanford and ...
application requirement for these universities are SAT general and subject, but I don't anything about this exam.

can you help me

Just go to the College Board website on the SAT and start reading:
http://sat.collegeboard.org/home

Also, why did you mention the GRE in your title? GRE is for graduate school.

Basically, the SAT is taken to get into undergraduate school (university) after completing high school. The GRE is taken to get into graduate school after completing undergraduate school.

Sure, I would be happy to help you understand the difference between the SAT and GRE exams. The SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) is a standardized test used for college admissions in the United States. It assesses a student's knowledge in reading, writing, and math and is typically taken by high school students. The SAT is used by many universities in the US as part of their application process.

On the other hand, the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is a standardized test used for admissions into graduate and business schools, such as Cambridge, Harvard, and Stanford. It assesses a student's skills in verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing. The GRE is typically taken by individuals who have completed their undergraduate degrees and are looking to pursue higher education.

In terms of application requirements for these universities, they may require both the SAT and GRE exams. The SAT general test is required for undergraduate admissions, while the SAT subject tests may be required for specific programs or majors. The GRE is typically required for graduate school admissions.

If you are interested in applying to these universities, it is important to research their specific requirements for standardized tests and prepare accordingly. I would recommend reaching out to the admissions office of each university for more information on their application requirements. Additionally, there are many resources available online and in test prep books to help you prepare for these exams. Good luck with your applications!

1. What is the purpose of the SAT and GRE exams?

The SAT is a standardized test used for college admissions in the United States, while the GRE is a standardized test used for graduate school admissions in the United States and other countries.

2. How do the SAT and GRE exams differ in terms of content?

The SAT primarily tests critical reading, writing, and math skills, while the GRE tests verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing skills. The GRE also has subject-specific tests for certain fields of study.

3. Are there any differences in the scoring systems for the SAT and GRE exams?

Yes, the scoring systems for the SAT and GRE exams are different. The SAT has a total score range of 400-1600, while the GRE has a total score range of 260-340. Additionally, the GRE has separate scores for each section, while the SAT provides a composite score.

4. Can the SAT and GRE exams be taken multiple times?

Yes, both exams can be taken multiple times. The SAT can be taken as many times as desired, with the student's highest score being used for college admissions. The GRE can be taken once every 21 days, up to five times within a 12-month period.

5. Do the SAT and GRE exams have any overlapping content?

While both exams test critical thinking and problem-solving skills, the content and format of the questions are different. The SAT is more focused on high school level skills, while the GRE is more geared towards college-level skills. However, there may be some overlap in vocabulary and reading comprehension questions.