Which 2 exams should I skip for best optimization of learning?

In summary, the conversation focuses on the individual's plan for studying for their final exams in engineering. They mention having failed one of the exams and needing to select two exams to skip in order to optimize their learning and achieve the maximum result. They also mention having wasted time in the past and being serious about their studies now. There is disagreement on whether it is a good idea to skip exams and the individual ultimately decides to skip the two toughest exams.
shivajikobardan
ndOHzLxuVrvAnO0BtilY-mdgL0uVbDiRdOK0zpyp3zYE7nclIH.png

So I messed up in a tactical move. I was studying artificial intelligence for my backlog exam(exam that I failed also called supplementary exam, re-exam, retaking exam).

That was so huge and due to lots of other reasons (I don't want to sound whining so not mentioning them), I am here. I have accepted my state.
Now I need to optimize this problem. Select 2 exams that you skip and study the rest.

The circled ones are the dates in which my exams will occur. I have 20 days for exam. Leaving 3 days for revising first subject.
I have explained about how my exams will be hard, easy, long, short content etc.

I need to choose a best decision for myself and select the 2 subjects to skip so that I can achieve maximum learning. This is my last exam of engineering. After that I am graduating so I will have lots of free time in hand to study, consider that as well. If I want, I can easily study these subjects and get 32/80 in these subjects, but I don't see a point of doing it. I spent 2.5 years of my student life in various useless stuffs like trying to make money online etc, I am now very serious about studies but I failed to do a tactical move that's why I am here.

Any guidance on what exams should I skip?

Physics news on Phys.org
Rather self-contradictory, your thread title is :wink: .

I propose you stop wasting time that can be used to study. Throw dice or ask someone to cross out a few randoms.

Your picture is unintellegible.

##\ ##

• Love
Likes vela, vanhees71, Mark44 and 2 others
Your question is a variation on "how can I learn the least". How has that strategy worked out for you so far?

Likes vanhees71 and BvU
BvU said:
Rather self-contradictory, your thread title is :wink: .

I propose you stop wasting time that can be used to study. Throw dice or ask someone to cross out a few randoms.

Your picture is unintellegible.

##\ ##
I think I will just go with 2 toughest subjects.

Exams all spaced a comfortable 4 days apart... So you're just going to study for the first 2 or 3, then completely ignore the next 2-3 ( which are spaced over 8-12 days) and sit for the last one 2 weeks later..?

I remember taking 7 final exams in 6 days as a junior.

If you skip all your hard exams, you deserve to fail. I'd be embarrassed to even post a question like this.

• Love
Likes vanhees71

1. Which exams should I prioritize skipping for optimal learning?

The two exams that should be prioritized for skipping are those that are least relevant to your field of study and those that have the least impact on your overall grade. This will allow you to focus more time and energy on the exams that are more important for your academic success.

2. Will skipping exams affect my overall academic performance?

Skipping exams can have both positive and negative effects on your overall academic performance. On one hand, it can allow you to focus on other exams and potentially improve your grades in those subjects. However, it can also result in a lower overall grade if the exams you choose to skip have a significant impact on your final grade.

3. How do I determine which exams are the least relevant to my field of study?

To determine which exams are the least relevant to your field of study, you should consider the content of the exams and how closely they align with your major or area of focus. You can also consult with your academic advisor or professors for their input on which exams may be less important for your specific academic goals.

4. Can I skip exams without facing consequences?

Skipping exams without a valid reason can have consequences such as a lower grade or even disciplinary action from your school. It is important to communicate with your professors and follow proper procedures if you are considering skipping an exam.

5. Are there any alternative options to skipping exams for optimization of learning?

Yes, there are alternative options to skipping exams for optimization of learning. These include studying and preparing for exams in advance, seeking help from tutors or professors, and managing your time effectively to balance studying for all exams. It is important to find a method that works best for you and your learning style.