What's the perfect math tattoo for me?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of getting a math-related tattoo, with possible suggestions being an Euler spiral on the wrist or Euler's identity as a "tramp stamp." The individual's mother suggests the rational version of the golden ratio, but the individual disagrees and considers it to be "lame." The term "tramp stamp" is slang for a tattoo on the lower back and is often associated with promiscuity. One person in the conversation expresses their opinion that the rational version of the golden ratio is not aesthetically pleasing.
ezperkins
I've been thinking of getting a math-related tattoo, and I decided to go ahead with it, but I'm not sure what it should be. Maybe a small Euler spiral on my wrist? My mother thinks I should get the rational version of the golden ratio, but I think that'd just be lame. Thoughts please?

Physics news on Phys.org
Euler’s identity as a tramp stamp, imho

JonF said:
Euler’s identity as a tramp stamp, imho

What's a tramp stamp? Is that slang for tattoo, and is it derogatory?

nobahar said:
What's a tramp stamp? Is that slang for tattoo, and is it derogatory?
A tramp stamp is slang for a tattoo on the small of your back, it's called this because lose and promiscuous are known to have them

Dude there is like literally a dozen threads on this, and hundreds of replies if you look at the similar threads on the bottom of this page

I mean no offense, but your mother is simply wrong. The rational version of the golden ratio is universally acknowledged to be asthetically lame. You can tell her I said so.

What is the golden ratio?

The golden ratio, also known as phi, is a mathematical ratio of 1:1.618. It is believed to be aesthetically pleasing and can be found in many natural and man-made objects, such as shells, flowers, and architecture.

How is the golden ratio used in tattoo designs?

The golden ratio can be used as a design principle in tattoo art, where the placement, size, and proportions of elements in the tattoo are based on the ratio. This can create a visually pleasing and balanced design.

What is the significance of getting a math golden ratio tattoo?

For some people, getting a tattoo of the golden ratio is a way to express their love for math and its beauty. It can also serve as a reminder of the presence of this ratio in the world around us.

What are some common designs for a math golden ratio tattoo?

There are many different designs that incorporate the golden ratio, such as a spiral, a Fibonacci sequence, or a geometric pattern. Some people also choose to incorporate symbols or equations related to the golden ratio in their tattoo design.

Is there a specific location on the body that is best for a math golden ratio tattoo?

The location of a tattoo is a personal choice, but some popular placements for a math golden ratio tattoo include the wrist, forearm, or upper arm. These areas allow for a larger design and can also be easily covered if desired.